• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bkrumme

I've heard a lot about MIDI in the GC. Are there MIDI jacks on the guitar now, or is there a specialty interface?

DR5Guy

I was wondering if the GameChanger software will also be available for Android tablets/phones or it is a Apple-only deal.

Thanks

brokenvail

I just had an idea. Some guitar makers offer a blower switch where when it is turn on either both volume and tone or just tone knobs are by bypassed and the guitar automatically switches to the bridge humbucker in series. With the GC will we be able to make it bypass the tone pot or the tone and volume pot?

DaPatrooch

I have a question about the stereo jacks on this guitar. Can you, for example, send the bridge humbucker from one output and the middle pickup from another? Can you send the neck humbucker from one output and the outer coil of that same pickup from the other?

brokenvail

ok had to bump this thread now that the GC's are being produced and are about to hit the streets we'd all love details about what the actual production model is going to be like. I check the website all the time but haven't seen any updates on it

drewbixcubed

As of this week we are proud to announce the release of The Game Changer!!! After a lot of R&D and patience, these baby's are ready to rock! You should be able to find them in your local stores anytime now....so be on the lookout!!!!

Check out the web-application at
The Gamechanger

And even more info at:
The Gamechanger

JayDawg

Drew,

Just got my Game Changer in today. I absolutely love it! You guys really did do a great job with this thing. I have a few questions and hopefully they have not been asked. I looked through all of the pages and didn't think I saw any of these asked?

On the volume pot, I know you push it down to save your setting on either Bank A or Bank B at whatever position you want on the 5 way selector. It then says to hold down to reset. Does that mean the guitar resets everything to the factory settings?

Also, since there are so many setting programmed in from the factory, is there a place to go on the Game Changer website that says what each factory setting is on all 5 positions of Banks A & B and all 15 of the Z Bank setting?

Final question and I'm not sure if this can be answered yet. I know a few folks on here had some great questions at launch about things like bluetooth upgradability and a few other things. When more advanced things come out at a later date, is the idea to have it on all of those new Game Changers forward or can they be programmed into previous ones too?

Thanks Drew!
Jay

drewbixcubed

Hi JayDawg!

As far as the reset is concerned, yes....if you hold the save knob down for about 10 seconds, you will reset the entire instrument back to factory settings.

I'm not sure if I am about to blow your mind or not, but you have the ability to visually program anything you want on The Game Changer via our web app. All you need is a web browser and a USB cable (The Gamechanger)! You can also use our iOS app with an iOS midi device to do the same (The Gamechanger)

More info, including FAQ, videos, etc... can be found here: The Gamechanger

With regards to updates/upgrades, all of The Game Changers that have been made have the ability to be software updated as we implement new functionality.

Enjoy!!!

EBMM4Life

What ever happened to the Bluetooth adapter you guys demoed for this? I would love to have one for my gamechanger. Will there ever be a stand alone app for the PC ? Really need this badly. The web app is ok but the requirement to be connected to the web just doesn't make sense. Ipad has its own app. Please make a PC variant.

BUC

I was considering using a scheme where the piezo was selected to on in every pickup position, then just keeping the piezo volume at zero when I didn't need it, and rolling it up when I wanted it.

Reason: I wanted to used the piezo in conjunction with the magnetics and if I ever change pickups it turns off the piezo unless it is selected to on in the new pickup position.

Does this cause any difference in battery life?

gswilder

Help with Setup Height on Pickups Bridge, New Game Changer????

Hello, I have had a MM Silhouette for a while, and I love it. Best playing guitar I have ever owned.

And yesterday I received a new Game Changer.

The problem with the Game Changer is low volume through my Amp (Mesa Boogie Excpress). The volume difference between the GC and the Silhouette is significant.

I am a pretty decent guitar tech. And have been playing for 35 years. But these are my first MM guitars.

So I started measuring both guitars and comparing. Action is fine on both, with a small truss rod adjustment.

But I am a little stumped on the Pickup Height and Bridge Height. Here are my measurements...

On the Silhouette, all 3 pickups are about 3/32 from the strings (fretting the 22nd or 24th fret). The string height at the bridge is 12/32nds (unfretted).

On the Game Changer, the pickups are 5/32 to 6/32 from the strings (again fretting 22/24). (about double the distance of my Silhouette) . The string height at the bridge is 15/32nds (unfretted).

So my initial instinct was to raise the pickups on the Game Changer. But as you know, they are screwed directly to the body, with no springs underneath.

Also, the string distance from the body at the bridge seems a little high on the game changer at 15/32nds.

So I guess I could put some springs or shims on the pickups to raise a bit. But I cannot find the specs for how close the pickups should be to the strings. Vintage fenders are about 3/32.

I could also lower the bridge saddles, and then probably have to raise the action a bit.

Can any of you all give me some guidance and/or point me to some more specs? I have read the faqs on the MM website, but maybe I am still missing something.

Love the guitars and the flexibility. MM is years ahead of Gibson/Fender, and even my PRS.

Thanks
Greg

gswilder

Hello, I have had a MM Silhouette for a while, and I love it. Best playing guitar I have ever owned.

And yesterday I received a new Game Changer.

The problem with the Game Changer is low volume through my Amp (Mesa Boogie Excpress). The volume difference between the GC and the Silhouette is significant.

I am a pretty decent guitar tech. And have been playing for 35 years. But these are my first MM guitars.

So I started measuring both guitars and comparing. Action is fine on both, with a small truss rod adjustment.

But I am a little stumped on the Pickup Height and Bridge Height. Here are my measurements...

On the Silhouette, all 3 pickups are about 3/32 from the strings (fretting the 22nd or 24th fret). The string height at the bridge is 12/32nds (unfretted).

On the Game Changer, the pickups are 5/32 to 6/32 from the strings (again fretting 22/24). (about double the distance of my Silhouette) . The string height at the bridge is 15/32nds (unfretted).

So my initial instinct was to raise the pickups on the Game Changer. But as you know, they are screwed directly to the body, with no springs underneath.

Also, the string distance from the body at the bridge seems a little high on the game changer at 15/32nds.

So I guess I could put some springs or shims on the pickups to raise a bit. But I cannot find the specs for how close the pickups should be to the strings. Vintage fenders are about 3/32.

I could also lower the bridge saddles, and then probably have to raise the action a bit.

Can any of you all give me some guidance and/or point me to some more specs? I have read the faqs on the MM website, but maybe I am still missing something.

Love the guitars and the flexibility. MM is years ahead of Gibson/Fender, and even my PRS.

Thanks
Greg

Wahoonc

You can download the specs from each guitar's page. But just wanted to let you know that I had the exact opposite experience. My silo has less output than my GC. The first thing I might suggest is going into the GC interface and setting the bank configurations to "active." (Doesn't make the pups active, but keeps the output level constant.) I don't think pup height should be an issue, based on my experience.

Seriously, I bought a TC Spark Booster for my Silo because I needed to reset the amp settings every time I switched from Silo to GC.

pearlredburst

Resurrecting this thread a bit (maybe)

I just ordered a Majesty, and understand how the gamechanger works within it.
Y question is -
Can I use rechargeable AA batteries in the guitar? I found an old thread that said not to use rechargeable 9v batteries for the piezo, but maybe it's different with the AA battery??

Wahoonc

Resurrecting this thread a bit (maybe)

I just ordered a Majesty, and understand how the gamechanger works within it.
Y question is -
Can I use rechargeable AA batteries in the guitar? I found an old thread that said not to use rechargeable 9v batteries for the piezo, but maybe it's different with the AA battery??

I've been using rechargeable AAs without a problem for a year. I haven't heard anything about them being potentially damaging. Drew?

dscataglini

Low output on HSHP reflex game changer

Hi I'm having the same problem as gswilder.
I have a game changer HSHP and the output of the guitar is incredibly low when compared to any other guitar I've tried or own (strat, ibanez, les paul) Probably 1/2 or 1/4 the output of a strat.

While this is great when playing clean, it's almost impossible to get a fully distorted sound.
ie: I can get a clean sound out of a 6505 MH in all 3 channel. On the lead channel, for example, I have to use twice as much gain as I would need with any other guitar and still sounds a bit like I'm playing on a 335. (I wonder if that's the kind of pick up tone and output level that it's supposed to be)

I've set the bank configuration to "active" as Wahoonc has suggested through the web app but didn't notice any difference.
In fact I've set the A & B banks to Active and Z to Passive and when comparing the output of the 2 (B in Active mode and Z in passive) I don't notice any difference in volume.

I'm wondering if there is anything wrong with the guitar or if the pickups truly have a very low output.
I'm currently compensating by using a boost pedal, but it's not quite the same.
I'd rather not swap pickups as I'd have to swap all 3 to get them balanced.

Also since the pickups are custom made, is there any information of their output or color so that I can compare them with the dimarzio catalog?

Thank you very much,
Diego

Top Bottom