• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

admin

Administrator
If you create a signature it appears below each post you make on the forum.

To create or edit your signature, first click on your member name at the right hand side of the main navigation bar on any page. You will see a menu of your account options:

create or edit signature.png

Select the signature option to get to this page:

edit signature.png

If you wish and your account has the necessary permissions, you can also add a small image to your signature. Right now, I have set the limits to something arbitrary: the values shown above are unrealistically large and would very quickly uglify and overwhelm any thread you post in.

racerx

Im trying to delete the top line (where the old picture used to be) it won’t save.

Try dumping the sig completely, save, then start from scratch. (Copy paste to another text editor to save what you want to preserve). Can’t say for certain but sometimes text validation checks can be squirrelly.

admin

Administrator
Hmmm... that's odd.

However, there have been a series of issues for Safari browsers and this may be nother one of those. I'll research this.

admin

Administrator
In the process of trying to fix the sigpic errors, some people lost all or some of their previous signature. Apologies about that. I was trying to get rid of no longer used [sigpic][/sigpic]. This seems to have worked for most signatures that once had sigpics but some lost the whole signature.

If you are one of those affected, please try creating a new signature. It may be best to delete the previous signature entirely and recreate it.

If you're still having problems, please post here and I'll see what I can do.

danny-79

Yes that's possible. That's why I suggested erasing the whole signature and recreating it
Ok I’ll give it a go (or not if I have to condense it to three lines it won’t fit. I prefer adding to it if you know what I mean )

admin

Administrator
This was the problem. You had a vBulletin 4.2.5 addon for signature images. In that addon, you were to use the tag [sigpic][/sigpic] to indicate where the image should be placed.

Now there was an older addon for Xenforo that used the [sigpic][/sigpic] tag but that didn't work properly and eventually was deleted.

The addon we use here works well (if a bit complicated) but it uses a different tag: [signaturepicture][/signaturepicture].

Since the majority of those cases had no image attached to them, the fix was to remove all occurrences of [sigpic][/sigpic] in those ~150 database records.

If you previously had a signature pic, you might try inserting the [signaturepicture][/signaturepicture] tag in your signature. My guess that won't work. Your best bet is to delete everything in the signature and to start again. If you have a lot of content in your signature or are having trouble figuring out what to do, reply here or message me and I'll see if I can sort it out.

Note that while you're adding or deleting a signature picture, the page does not refresh so you will have to manually refresh in order to see the changes.

:):ninja:(y)

Top Bottom