• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

Fred, you use to have the Blue Dawn Sport a long time ago remember? Glad your digging the new one. I'm with you on the natural headstock.

Glenn |B)

alf cockle

To make a comparison with a golf analogy...a rare event at the time...Tiger Woods was playing against Mike Wier in match play..in Tiger*s heyday...Naturally Tiger was intimidating and pumped and was obviously going to annhihilate poor little Mikey.But the little guy won...he wasn*t flashy..just rock steady and pure.To me,the sport vibe is just that..not flashy..maybe even a bit homely...but it*ll take on all comers and I LOVE the little beasts!

MichaelX

Quite underrated imo. However, I could never really get the neck pickup. It always sounds chubby if you know what i mean.

alf cockle

The sport was available with several pickup combos.The H/H version does have a fat sound in the neck,but the MM90 has quite a beautiful ring to it.I haven*t acquired the SSH,nor the SSS version...yet.but I*m sure they*re thinner again.Maybe you should get yourself a Rivera Chubster,and you*ll really be in the chubby zone..lol.

guitfiddle

I'm not really sure that they are. In this economy, I see US Str@ts up for sale for $600 OBO. I've yet to see a Sport (or any EBMM) go for anywhere near that. A really nice Sport just sold locally for more than twice that. I think the Sport has a deservedly great reputation. At least thats been my experience. Probably different for everybody depending upon what circles you run in.

Last edited:

GWDavis28

If you're thinking about the Silver Sparkle Sport, I still gots that one....;)

John, nope man, I had an original Blue Dawn with trem, that I sold to Pete Dubaldo long before you showed up here my friend.

But yes you still have the Silver Sparkle Axis Sport huh? Cool.

Glenn |B)

Jack FFR1846

I'm not really sure that they are. In this economy, I see US Str@ts up for sale for $600 OBO. I've yet to see a Sport (or any EBMM) go for anywhere near that. A really nice Sport just sold locally for more than twice that. I think the Sport has a deservedly great reputation. At least thats been my experience. Probably different for everybody depending upon what circles you run in.

I posted in the ebay/cl thread maybe a year ago....silver metalic Supersport/MM90's in Daddy's Junky Music for $600. I played it and it was really nice. I just didn't need another and I'm a trans color guy.

Sidney1968

axissport.jpg

Ignore the light fixture reflection! This thing plays itself! :)

That is really cool

Ninemile

The Sport is the best guitar I have ever owned or played. It starts by looks. The flying V could be the best guitar ever but I will never know because, due to the looks of it, I will never be interested in playing one, outside of someone handing me one to play. So, the Axis line had me by the looks when it was the EVH guitar. The very first time I saw Ed with it, I thought it was the perfect body design and especially the compact neck/body design. I don't want to feel like I'm playing a canoe, I love the compact feel of all my EBMM guitars. Then I got one and fell in with the neck (I do prefer my all maple necks). Then I liked other stuff such as the 4 over 2 headstock, locking tuners which were much easier than my winged PRS tuners, the parallel pickup switch just like my Tele, except in a better location, the bridge (although I wish I owned a stop tail bridge on one of my 3 Sports. I have 1 of them blocked and the other two decked). And I love the tone of my MM90's, single coils and my humbucker Super Sport. Just last night I grabbed my beloved Tele, that has a custom neck made to resemble my Axis neck, I played it for about 10 min and put it down to go grab my Sport. I LOVE my Tele, I just love my Axis Sports more. I love them more than any guitar I have owned or played. ebmmfour.jpg

headcrash

My red AS HSS is my number one at the moment and since a few months. Just gorgeous, and becoming so rare to find these days.
Bummer that EBMM desn't make them any more.

Top Bottom