• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Musicfreak1988

On my order sheet, I do not see any options for Stingrays that are Lefties, with SLO necks or matching head stocks. After NAMM ends, I will email AJ and find out if those are still options.

For basses, the only lefties that I see offered are for Sterling 4 string basses.

I sure hope I can order a lefty SLO 'Ray 4. I'll take one in burnt apple right away!

kenito

Hi, does anyone know if the new Stingray 4 is a 3 band only but without the lowpass filter (which would remove the need for the 2 band) ?

Cheers

JayDawg

Anyone know if the other models (like Sterling) are going to be offered in the new Stingray colors?

The Sterling basses have a lot of options. Fretted or Fretless; Right or Left handed; Natural headstock or Matching headstock; H, HH, or HS pickup configurations.

Finishes:
Black
Stealth Black
White
Vintage Sunburst
Natural (Gloss finish)
Powder Blue
Firemist Gold
Firemist Purple

JayDawg

Will the fretless board option be offered on the 2018 Stingray 4 models?

My order sheet only shows fretless available on Sterling and Bongo basses. It doesn’t look like the new Stingrays offer fretless, matching headstock, or left handed as an option but I am going to call Music Man this week and confirm if that is true or not?

the_eigensheep

My order sheet only shows fretless available on Sterling and Bongo basses. It doesn’t look like the new Stingrays offer fretless, matching headstock, or left handed as an option but I am going to call Music Man this week and confirm if that is true or not?

Sorry if I overlooked it in a previous post, but is the SLO option available?

PeteDuBaldo

Bass photos! The revamped SR/SR5 are noticeably lighter, +/- 1.5lb in some cases.

I wasn't fast enough to grab a photo of the insanely light StingRay in Burnt Apple because Tony Levin snatched it up.

DSC2822-Custom-1.jpg

DSC2820-Custom-1.jpg

DSC2819-Custom-1.jpg

DSC2821-Custom-1.jpg

DSC2818-Custom-1.jpg

DSC2816-Custom-1.jpg

DSC2815-Custom-1.jpg

JayDawg

Very nice!

So I spoke with AJ today and he confirmed that on the new Stingray basses, that there are no longer fretless, SLO necks or left handed options available. It is possible at a later time those options may be offered again but for the time being theybare not.

Edmang

Bummer they got rid of the neck options. Hopefully they will come back at some point.

Jim Dandy

Thanks JayDawg for the info! That is really too bad about the fretless Stingrays. I had a fretless Sterling years ago and was considering a new fretless Stingray now that the weight has come down on them. Maybe if sales are good, they'll bring this option back.

Top Bottom