• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JayDawg

It will be nice if SLO necks and fretless fingerboards come back. I guess if someone wants a fretless bad enough, they can always have the frets professionally removed. I’m hoping to get everything finished in the next few weeks for my guitar store and then place my initial order with Music Man soon thereafter.

Meypelnek

Bongo 4H in Firemist?

I notice on sveral pictures taken at the booth a Bongo in firemist yellow equiped with only one humbucker (refer to PeteDuBaldo's 1st image). Will the single-H option be available again? Currently it is only HH and HS I assume.

Edmang

Is there a drop dead date for when you can still order the current style Stingray before the new ones come out? Will both be available for a time?

JayDawg

You can no longer order the 2017 models. Only 2018 can be ordered now. Also with the Bongo basses, the single H option (My personal favorite configuration) is only available on 4 string Bongos. I wish single H’s were still an option for the 5 and 6 strings because I would love a stealth black Bongo 5H but it looks like I will have to settle for a 5HH.

JayDawg

Edmang,

What 2017 Stingray are you trying to get? I’m currently trying to find a black Stingray 4H with maple neck and fretboard but while I’m searching for the bass I want, I’ll see if I can try and locate the one you are looking for as well.

drTStingray

Whilst the new options look great to me im a bit surprised at the rigidity of the specs re fingerboard and pickguard. I'm really interested in a cruz teal SR5 - on the basis I saw a pic of one on the EBMM stand at NAMM with a black pickguard - however AJs You Tube item with Long and McQuade describing the new colours shows an SR4 but with white pickguard - could one of you dealers clarify whether the SR5 comes with a black pg?

On a less positive note the sudden lack of a lefty Stingray 4 and Stingray 5 now is a big blow, on the heels of the lefty Bongo being dropped last year. EBMM has gone V quickly from catering well for lefties to virtually not at all. This is quite close to my heart as my son is a lefty and his main bass has been a Stingray for 10 yrs or so - the Stingray is one of the top 3 iconic basses, along with the P, J and beyond that the Ric - all of these can be had in some form or other as a lefty. Let's hope the SR4 and SR5 are reintroduced ASAP - otherwise it will be a potential gift off my radar! Meanwhile the Sterling is still available I guess. It ain't an SR4 or 5 though....nice as the Sterling is.

Last edited:

JayDawg

Whilst the new options look great to me im a bit surprised at the rigidity of the specs re fingerboard and pickguard. I'm really interested in a cruz teal SR5 - on the basis I saw a pic of one on the EBMM stand at NAMM with a black pickguard - however AJs You Tube item with Long and McQuade describing the new colours shows an SR4 but with white pickguard - could one of you dealers clarify whether the SR5 comes with a black pg?

On a less positive note the sudden lack of a lefty Stingray 4 and Stingray 5 now is a big blow, on the heels of the lefty Bongo being dropped last year. EBMM has gone V quickly from catering well for lefties to virtually not at all. This is quite close to my heart as my son is a lefty and his main bass has been a Stingray for 10 yrs or so - the Stingray is one of the top 3 iconic basses, along with the P, J and beyond that the Ric - all of these can be had in some form or other as a lefty. Let's hope the SR4 and SR5 are reintroduced ASAP - otherwise it will be a potential gift off my radar! Meanwhile the Sterling is still available I guess. It ain't an SR4 or 5 though....nice as the Sterling is.

I’m assuming that you are wanting the SR5 with a white pick guard in the Cruz Teal correct? In any event, yes the Cruz Teal come with a white pick guard and an ebony fretboard in the only order configuration. I am getting ready to place my initial order with Music Man. If you are wanting one when they are released, send me a message on here or email me at [email protected]

Edmang

Edmang,

What 2017 Stingray are you trying to get? I’m currently trying to find a black Stingray 4H with maple neck and fretboard but while I’m searching for the bass I want, I’ll see if I can try and locate the one you are looking for as well.

Thanks, but what I really want can't be ordered. Top of list is an SR5 unlined fretless alnico with piezo and a Bongo HSp unlined fretless.

Question was more in terms of possibly a way to spend tax refund, assuming I get a good enough tax refund :) Might consider ordering an HH fretless since the new ones are not going to be available that way. Not something would definitely do. Just wanted to understand the timing if it was possible.

drTStingray

I’m assuming that you are wanting the SR5 with a white pick guard in the Cruz Teal correct? In any event, yes the Cruz Teal come with a white pick guard and an ebony fretboard in the only order configuration. I am getting ready to place my initial order with Music Man. If you are wanting one when they are released, send me a message on here or email me at [email protected]

Hi Jason - I'm in the UK so won't be able to do this im afraid. I'm guessing I'd have to buy a separate black pickguard - the cruz teal SR5 that I saw pictured had a black pg - looked amazing with the ebony and black hardware and is top of my list!! Closely followed by Aqua sparkle and charcoal sparkle.

Edmang

You can no longer order the 2017 models. Only 2018 can be ordered now.

So was assuming that Classic and Old smoothie would still be available. Had not heard one way or the other. Anyone know for sure?

PeteDuBaldo

So was assuming that Classic and Old smoothie would still be available. Had not heard one way or the other. Anyone know for sure?

Yes!

117-82-22-19-CS-CR Old Smoothie - Mint Green - Maple - 5 Ply Black
117-BT-22-19-CS-CR Old Smoothie - Butterscotch - Maple - 5 Ply Black

120-01-30-01-CS-C1 StingRay Classic - Black - Figured Maple - Black
120-01-40-01-CS-C1 StingRay Classic - Black - Figured Rosewood - Black
120-71-30-01-CS-C1 StingRay Classic - Vintage Sunburst - Figured Maple - Black
120-71-40-01-CS-C1 StingRay Classic - Vintage Sunburst - Figured Rosewood - Black
120-CN-30-01-CS-C1 StingRay Classic - Classic Natural - Figured Maple - Black
120-CN-40-01-CS-C1 StingRay Classic - Classic Natural - Figured Rosewood - Black

215-01-30-01-CS-C1 StingRay5 Classic - Black - Figured Maple - Black
215-01-40-01-CS-C1 StingRay5 Classic - Black - Figured Rosewood - Black
215-71-30-01-CS-C1 StingRay5 Classic - Vintage Sunburst - Figured Maple - Black
215-71-40-01-CS-C1 StingRay5 Classic - Vintage Sunburst - Figured Rosewood - Black
215-CN-30-01-CS-C1 StingRay5 Classic - Classic Natural - Figured Maple - Black
215-CN-40-01-CS-C1 StingRay5 Classic - Classic Natural - Figured Rosewood - Black

Top Bottom