• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

Hey guys, so, I'm trying to tell a guy this is an Aquamarine BFR JPXi. Like this one:
Music Man USA John Petrucci JPXI LE - Aquamarine Pearl BFR Roasted Neck Limited Edition | ProMusicTools

This is his. He insists it's not a JPXi but a JP6 Teal Pearl Limited Edition with a roasted neck (which didn't exist).
View attachment 30395
View attachment 30396 View attachment 30397

What do you guys think this is?

That looks like one of the Guitar Center special runs. That was the first roasted neck if memory servers me right.

http://www.thepetcollection.net/4901.html

http://www.thepetcollection.net/57001.html

Glenn |B)

Last edited:

joe web

this guitar was a GC Limited Run!

it's a regular JP6 (no BFR-line, no X, no XI or anything else!), but this one has a clearcoated roasted maple neck with ebony board!!! and the color is called Teal Pearl or something like that.
and yes, it has a BFR badge, because back in those days, the BFR was put on special models like this, to point out, that it is something special! Ball Family Reserve

the bfr badge became a mass-product at the point that the JP BFR and the Luke BFR were introduced into the regular lineup.
the JP BFR should original be called F-1, but to some TMs and CRs they had to rename it.

there is a video on YT where JP calls it a F-1 (it's the video where he introduces the Crunchlab pickup)

just to get it right, the original meaning of BFR was, to point some guitars out to be like made in the custom shop (other brands use a V on this models...or call it Artist Package or something else...)

in this point, the regualr JP got a special neck on it...i guess this run was a year after they made the "Black Sugar" run...they had the same necks on it.

if you can get your hands on one of this, get it!

Last edited:

Dead-Eye

The easiest way to tell the difference is that the JPXI doesn't have the arm scoop, the regular JP6 in the photo does. The one in the photo and in the link are probably from the same special run, but one's a JP6 and the other a JPXI.

misterB

I've got one, so I can tell you it was a guitar center special run. Turquoise pearl w/roasted neck BFR. Dare I say, beautiful guitar. ��

Top Bottom