• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DrewH

The 20th is great and all, but canning the basswood JP in the process is extremely disappointing. It was a guitar that still had a reasonable price range within the MM lineup.

PeteDuBaldo

The 20th is great and all, but canning the basswood JP in the process is extremely disappointing. It was a guitar that still had a reasonable price range within the MM lineup.

While the basswood JP is my #1 and my all-around "go to" guitar, it was completely overshadowed by the JP15 and Majesty. It had not been selling well in recent years and was discontinued a little while ago. If they don't sell well it's tough to justify keeping it in the lineup, no matter how affordable it may be for customers.

The 20th Anniversary pays tribute to the original basswood JP6 body shape while switching to a new wood cocktail, and gives a noticeable nod to the 2006 prototype that was built like a 20th Anniversary Silhouette. The prototype, visible in the DT "SCORE" DVD eventually became the BFR JP and recently renamed to the JP Maple Top.

mantrarock

I was not there, but the performance in minute 8 seems to come from the legendary Open House concert from 10-15 years ago.

I seem to remember that the whole recording was canned for some unspecified issue, but I maybe one day we’ll be able to enjoy it…

Congrats to JP and EBMM on the 20 years!

And here is the VIDEO!

PeteDuBaldo

I was not there, but the performance in minute 8 seems to come from the legendary Open House concert from 10-15 years ago.

I seem to remember that the whole recording was canned for some unspecified issue, but I maybe one day we’ll be able to enjoy it…

Congrats to JP and EBMM on the 20 years!

Yes I saw that clip and said "woah, I remember that night!!" (2005 was the first Open House event)

If I remember BP correctly, the quality of the recorded audio was not acceptable .

Last edited:

Mace13

These are looking really tempting. Glad the JP6 XX has the LiquiCrunch PUps.

Mace13

Well, ordered a JP6 XX the other day from Sweetwater. It is due to arrive In July sometime. Sweetwater said that new ones were only "trickling in". Does anyone know how many Music Man is producing?

Top Bottom