• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Ninemile

I have about 15 quality guitars. My top three are by far my Axis Sports and my number 1 is, by far, my Sport with MM 90’s. I’m curious to know the history of the MM90. Such as, the goal or differences they were going for. Has there been more than one version of them? Why does MM ship them out with 10’s when all others get 9’s? Etc etc etc. I sure love them. When I run them through my Fender, it’s beauty to my ears.

Johnny Alien

I don't know the overall history but to the best of my knowledge there was only ever one version. They look to be constructed like a standard P-90 but to my ears it's more of a telecaster on steroids tone vs a typical P-90.

GoKart Mozart

I've only had two other P90 guitars to compare them to (both Gibsons), so I'm far from a P90 expert. The MM90s in my Axis SS definitely have more "sizzle" than the other P90s that I'm used to. That guitar can pretty much do it all!

GWDavis28

So I got to see them making MM90's when I was at the Forum open house in 2004? They were the only pick up made by EBMM I believe at the time. I believe they were the creation of Dudley Gimpel, who was one of the nicest people I've ever met. And from an engineer stand point a true genius.

The MM90's are my favorite and Johnny in an Axis Sport I'd take the MM90's over any other in my opinion.

CIMG0814.jpg

Glenn |B)

Last edited:

xjbebop

I love P90's and have & had many P90 different gittars. Every make/brand I've tried is a bit unique. That said, MM90's are easily my favorite!
I don't know the history / timeline of them, but would like to!

GWDavis28

I've been on the hunt and had the chance at a sparkle Axis Sport with MM90's and let it slip thru twice :cry:.

dlrhnzicvckdwcokwaft.jpg

I'd love to find an Axis Sport rosewood neck MM90's non matching head stock with a trem, however, I have on idea how I'd pay for it these days 🤪.

Glenn |B)

GWDavis28

I wish I could find the picture of the AL with the 2 MM90's that EBMM made for Albert.

Anyone? Foggy?

Glenn |B)

xjbebop

I forget about the story of the 3 knobs (2 vol + 1 tone I think?), but I recall Albert didn't care for that feature...

Top Bottom