• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Norrin Radd

Thanks a ton for the link! Very cool. A number of things struck me as I watched and listened to it.

First, they ALL have extremely distinct styles and tones going on. It's very very easy to pick out who is playing when, just by listening.

Second, they all are phenomenal players and seemed to really enjoy the experience.

Third, these guys have all been a major influence on me in wanting to learn & play. As I was listening to each of them, I was pleased to realize that my tone is completely different than that of my heroes! :D It made me feel good about where I am as a player (not great - but good enough to make ME happy!) and I was pleased that those tones that I always heard in my head (that I am now getting out of my rig) were really mine all along! It's nice to know that you don't really "sound like ___________", but really sound like yourself.

Fourth, I'm really bummed there is no U.S. tour for me to go and see. :(

Fifth, Joe Satriani (the reason I picked back up the guitar in 1988) seems unable to play any lick that I can dislike. Everything that guy plays sounds "right" to me. Thank you, Joe! :cool:

Sixth, I love that this forum exists so we can share stuff like this. Nice find, Hookpunch! :cool:

dfung

Saw G3 with Malmsteen a number of years ago and really enjoyed the show. There's a camaraderie you see on stage as they play and create magic on stage. Dimeola seemed a limit timid, though I know he's not shy to let go. This is somewhat unrelated, but Satriani creates even more 'magic' in the end jam of his well known "Always With Me Always With You". Check it out:

Top Bottom