• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

click track

Last new guitar I purchased was an LP Standard in 2005 / all used after that, well that is defiantly going to changes as the Cutless and the AL have put me and soon my American Express into action... very pleased with the roasted necks and the AL new colors on all rosewood necks

klaveguitars

Just came back from spending the day (Thursday) at NAMM. Super excited about the new offerings with roasted necks! (I've been hoarding 2014 PDN guitars whenever I find them. I love roasted / stainless necks).

Not only that but after checking out every guitar maker offering roasted necks at the show, I can say the EBMM shape and feel is by far my favorite. I see an HSS Cutlass in my near future.

Saw a picture of a white HSS Cutlass with a rosewood fretboard. Looked great, though I would love it either way with the roasted neck. Wonder if the SSS has a rosewood fretboard for this year as well? Also wondering about black - whether it's still has a maple fretboard or if it turned rosewood as well.

06334CB6-DD02-4057-9BF2-E3104A5EEB78.jpg Think I found my own answer. Saw a video of a fella playing at the Quilter booth, and he had an SSS white with Rosewood. Actually looked a little bit yellow with a slightly broken in rosewood neck, but I’ve made it might’ve just been the lighting.

m4ssi

Firemist Purple.....I hope to see that color in other EBMM, absolutely Amazing!
1tm23b.png

Last edited:

St_G

Such a shame about the St Vincent necks. The all-rosewwod was a big draw, to me.

St_G

Yes. I was very much looking forward to buying one brand new, as a celebration of paying off my student loans. It's a dumb thing to be bummed about, but I am. Oh well. I've still got 17 months of payments, so maybe EB will course correct before it becomes an issue.

I mean, it's not a CITES thing, is it? Those are still rosewood fretboards...

GWDavis28

Yes. I was very much looking forward to buying one brand new, as a celebration of paying off my student loans. It's a dumb thing to be bummed about, but I am. Oh well. I've still got 17 months of payments, so maybe EB will course correct before it becomes an issue.

There is always the chance of finding a NOS later on when you got some dough, always think positive man.

Glenn |B)

tbonesullivan

The baked/torrefied maple is quite a bit denser and harder than regular maple, which somewhat removes the "advantage" of having a rosewood neck. And I can kinda imagine that getting pieces of rosewood the size needed for a whole neck can be harder than just getting in fretboard blanks.

Top Bottom