• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

MJK28

Oh my!! All pieces of art, congrats BP and EBMMfor taking always guitar craft far and beyond. PD you took amazing pics, thanks a million for sharing; I'll definitely be going for a Mayesty!!

Big Poppa

One thing we know after doing this for over 30 years ....you have to make all flavors....The violent and aggressive posts for something you dont like are kind of silly. If I made just what I liked Id be flat broke....All of them are polarizing. The key thing is that as long as we didnt take something you like then let us make something that somebody loves...

JamieCrain

Listen why make such an aggressive post? Jamie we will run all colors and options by you in the future. and tell the others that loved it that they are hideous and lack taste. hahahahahah

Not aggressive at all, just an opinion or customer feedback if you like. I love most of the JP guitars but I think those colours belong on something other than a Majesty. But if other people want to buy them that's their choice.

beej

I believe you said "hideous", "ill-conceived" and "cheesy".

Seriously, as BP said, they try all kinds of things to see what works. What people forget is that they're not posted here to get our opinions. They're posted to give us a snapshot of things they're trying.

Those kinds of responses just hurt the rest of us ... BP is less likely to give us glimpses of what's behind the curtain.

Anyhow ... moving on.

JamieCrain

I believe you said "hideous", "ill-conceived" and "cheesy". .

I did. And it's an opinion, a strong one at most. But neither "violent" nor "aggressive" as BP labelled it. If he sells 1000 of these then good luck to him, it just won't be me buying. Thanks.

Fender_Champ

BP and EBMM, I really appreciate these glimpses into your process. I am an architect and will draw/model 50+ options before narrowing it down to a few that best meet the needs of my clients. The best part about guitars are that they atent buildings, or cars for that matter. They are rock & roll and are able to be fun and loud and polarizing. It would be a bland bland world if we were all playing blondes or bursts. I think one of the strengths of EBMM is that it is not burdened by a long history of a certain style (e.g. G & F). Besides, they are owned by a company that is known for pink and neon yellow packaging! More pink guitars!

And in regards to posts and posting opinions - IMHO you should post as if you are speaking to a person face to face. People put a lot of effort into making all of things. You wouldn't walk up to them and tell them that you don't like it. We should all respect their efforts.

AgustinJP50

You should post as if you are speaking to a person face to face. People put a lot of effort into making all of things. You wouldn't walk up to them and tell them that you don't like it. We should all respect their efforts.
Give this man a prize for God's sake!! I mean, you could walk up to the owner of the company and tell him you don't like a guitar or a choice of color, fine... But I sure as hell don't imagine many "tough guys" saying "that's just hideous and ill-conceived" to someone face to face!
Sorry beej and DrKev for stirring the pot, but these things do get on my nerves.

xjbebop

I concur. Common courtesy and mature behavior is fading in this modern world.
However, it is kind of fun to occasionally watch the kids embarrass themselves... :)

That said, I wouldn't buy one of these myself, but I dig the fact that they exist! And would love to see one in action on stage!!

32014006360_4b14e429d2.jpg

JamieCrain

Ok apologies everyone. I didn't realise that voicing my frank and honest opinion about a guitar I love, in a finish I don't like at all, would cause such a problem. Next time I will choose my words more carefully.

xjbebop

Absolutely feel free to voice your opinion, but also choose your words carefully. Unlike a lot of other forums out there that are just free-for-alls, this place is a family gathering. Just be polite & respectful.
That's what makes this forum so wonderful....

CHill

Geez. I came back to this topic to see the amazing pictures from "the room" to read through this. Shaking head. Thanks for the pictures, i'd really enjoy having the all rosewood neck cutlass on my wall. All the other guitars are amazing in their own ways.

benoa

Can I have a sparkle majesty???? Woah!!!! And love those Cutlass. Thank you very much for a the nice photos.

Last edited:

johnnyboogie

Thanks a lot for sharing Pete!!

Great chance for all non-dealers to take an inside look at what the guys at EBMM crafted this year.

By the way, those Majesties... They look like super-sparkling candy begging you to kiss them, eat them, love them =D

Last edited:
Top Bottom