• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Steel_bass

Hey guys,

I´m new to the Forum and a new happy owner of an MM Stingray PDN in Honey Roasted.
Got this instrument from a German Dealer, they had it sitting around for a while, so it´s completely new, not played at all, was sitting in the case, waiting for a lucky customer ;). Played a lot of different basses in the past, some custom ones and even some different Stingray, but that´s just an freaking awesome instrument!
I reallly love the sound, playability and of course the look, the pictures don´t compliment that awesome roasted neck!

BUT: The bad thing is I already asked about my serialnumber, but that serial is not registered!
So my question or Problem - is this an fault by MM or is this thing fake? I can´t believe that it´s fake, ´cause it looks 100% original (pictures are attatched, also the serial on the neckplate). I´m still a really young musician, but have been playing for a long time and wanted to invest the money into something that I really believed in and still do, it´s a limited run and something special (so maybe, the value will be increasing one day, I already know I won´t be selling it ;)) so it´s really strange that it´s not in the EBMM database
Yeah, honestly I´m a little bit disappointed, or worried about it, but maybe you can help me with that.

It plays awesome, sounds great and anything, but just for the records, in my opinion it should be registered, just because it´s a limited run!

Hope you can bring some light in the dark. :)
Thanks a lot guys and sorry for my bad english ;)
Have a great one!

IMG_1103.jpg IMG_1104.jpg IMG_1107.jpg IMG_1108.jpg IMG_1109.jpg

BigAlis4me

It's E42769 not 42759!
Thanks
Compared it to several of my Music Man basses.
The serial shown in your picture looks like E42759.
A sloppy stamp can make the body of a five look closed, like a six.
But the sixes curved upper horn can't convert to a straight line like that of a five.
Bildschirmfoto 2016-05-14 um 23.01.19.jpg

Steel_bass

Hey guys, thanks for your input, I just took another picture and attatched it. Hopefully you can see it better there, in my opinion it looks like a 6, if you have the chance to zoom in, you may see it a bit better.

Attachments

• IMG_1141.jpg
    IMG_1141.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 252

steevo

Looks like a 5 to me, look at the upper curve/shoulder, its like a 5 and not round like a 6

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Steel_bass

But in the second picture I attatched it looks as curved as the 9 right next to it, had some people looking at it in good light and not on the picture and they also say it looks like a 6.
In the picture I posted first it really looks like 5, but when you compare it to the 2nd, it looks like a 6 - right?

Steel_bass

@nurnay, thanks a lot, I think so too!
@Dead-Eye, yep they checked both and none of them is in their database,
so it doesn´t really matter if it´s a 5, or a 6 :p.
Just kidding, it´s strange anyway! But never the less it´s an awesome bass!

Paco Maraca

Anyway, looks, feels and plays like a Music Man. I can not imagine, that anybody would achieve this built quality at a cost that could justify faking. Especially when you can't mass produce.

Top Bottom