• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bovinehost

Administrator
Wow ! That’s different to say the least. What’s the history of it ?

That Johnny guy at Hobo Depot bought it used and apparently it was kind of banged up. He decided to make it better and this was what happened. Then he sold it to a TBer who couldn't wrap his head around the fabulousness of the thing and he put it up for sale.

No-brainer once I saw it.

It needed some tender, loving care....the relief was dead flat and the pickups were much too high and it had some sorry-@ss rounds on it. If you were a slapper, this would have made you happy. That is not me.

So I yanked the strings, installed some Cobalt Flats, fixed the relief to be like a normal human would want it to be, adjusted pickup heights and now it sounds and plays like it should.

bovinehost

Administrator
Doing a little research, it began its life in late 2007 as a Stealth model. I suspected as much due to the black hardware and blacked-out pole pieces.

Monahan

Caught the NBD yesterday as I dropped in the forum just to check in, and thought, "wow-- pretty darn cool! For those delicately dispositioned folks out there who wince at the sight of a Bongo, this one should send them straight to the ER!" :D

Then, just moments ago I was scrolling though YouTube and that very bass was featured being played in my feed... Yep-- none other than Johnny Long:

Came back here to get the skinny, and sure nuff~

Enjoy the new axe!

Stephen

Nice catch!

Bongos just love a bold paintjob!

"Much may be made of a black bass if he be caught young".

(Not quite Johnson, but you get the idea)

Top Bottom