• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

SBMM

Sharing some pics for all of you!
Roasted Maple Neck goodness graces many of our New for 2017 lineup!

Here we'll take a look at JP157 in Neptune Blue.
FullSizeRender_3.jpg
FullSizeRender_2.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender_4.jpg

Roasted Maple Neck/Fretboard, African Mahogany Body, Push-Push Active 12dB boost...

All for just $699 USA Street Price!

dibart77

Well, alright! Nice work Brian! Sterling continues to exceed expectations. You guys are doing huge things for EBMM because the "entry level" EBMM is astounding quality for the money (as opposed to other brands whose entry level is dire). You should be very proud.

dave1812

Do you use real Quilted Maple Tops on those? I guess they're Photo Veneers at that Price with the Roasted Maple...

beamer128

Are the necks oiled and waxed? Can you talk about the pickups? I'm guessing they are not Dimarzio. Stunning looking guitar!!! Guessing the piezo is being saved for the American model.

Fender_Champ

Well, alright! Nice work Brian! Sterling continues to exceed expectations. You guys are doing huge things for EBMM because the "entry level" EBMM is astounding quality for the money (as opposed to other brands whose entry level is dire). You should be very proud.

Agreed - I actually just made my first SBMM purchase yesterday. I have been in the market for something in the sub $800 range for some time. It's important that I get the most for my money so I looked far and wide. I had wanted something that was thoughtfully designed, had exceptional attention to detail and was a classic. I tested a lot of options but I always kept coming back to SBMM. I finally decided on a SBMM St Vincent - It should be arriving sometime next week. Really happy with the decision and looking forward to spending some quality time with it.

I am also stoked that this forum led me to a family-owned brick and mortar music store for my purchase: DuBaldo Music.
Pete has been a pleasure to deal with.

Last edited:

xjbebop

Congrats on your purchase! Dubaldo rocks!
Anxious to see more pics and details about the Valentine, Brian... *wink-wink :)

benoa

Could not have said it better!

PeteDuBaldo

I'm pretty impressed with the Neptune Blue JP157 and JP150 models so far, the gloss finish is very nicely buffed & the roasted maple neck is great!

JP157-NBL-2.jpg

Here's a 6-string that we just modified for a customer. It now has the JP toggle w/ split coils in the middle position, DiMarzio Illuminator pickups, and the chrome JP15 control knobs.

beforeafter.jpg

Last edited:

benoa

@PeteDuBaldo Can the stock PU be modified to have the same switching system as the JP or you need to change them?

Also, how stable is the whammy on these? On my 2 JP6 it is VERY stable, as good as an OFR Floyd or Iby Edge (I own those too). The JP150 looks very very nice for the price. Thanks for sharing the pics.

xjbebop

Looks awesome, is there a big difference grip wise with the Sterling Knobs and the Petrucci Silver knobs?

Well, how much grip do you really need on your knobs?? :p

**sorry, couldn't resist :D

The domed shaped JP knobs are unique to those models, and the silver/chrome are even more rare.
I don't think there's any other difference than that, but I'm no expert on the matter...

Top Bottom