• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariner-aaron

I know for me personally the fact that the jp had no locking trem is what drew me to the guitar. I love the fact that I have a 7 without the Floyd or hard tail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MesaBeno

Was kinda hoping for an 8. Maybe next year.

I was hoping for this too, but if it didn't happen now, I don't see it happening for a while. Seemingly, the only reason for JP to go with an 8 is to write new material (why play non 8-string stuff on an 8-string? Especially considering he doesn't play 6 string stuff on a 7). Seeing as a massive undertaking is just about to be unleashed on us, I think it's accurate to say it's gonna be a bit until JP gets back to writing. I imagine they'll tour this album for quite a while. Maybe for the next album? Probably best not to hold our breaths.

ohdamnitsdevin

I was hoping for this too, but if it didn't happen now, I don't see it happening for a while. Seemingly, the only reason for JP to go with an 8 is to write new material (why play non 8-string stuff on an 8-string? Especially considering he doesn't play 6 string stuff on a 7). Seeing as a massive undertaking is just about to be unleashed on us, I think it's accurate to say it's gonna be a bit until JP gets back to writing. I imagine they'll tour this album for quite a while. Maybe for the next album? Probably best not to hold our breaths.

Who's to say he didn't utilize an 8 string on the current album? We've only heard 2 out of the 30+ songs! ;)

Dont give up hope! I'm not! haha

I'm really digging the JP16 though to be honest. I really loved the black hardware on my JPX and have always thought the JP6 to be one of the more comfortable guitars I've played due to the arm scoop. I'm still wrapping my head around not having piezo on this bad boy but, I'm sure when John reaches for the JP16, crispy acoustic cleans are the last thing on his mind! ;)

FR DOE!

Last edited:

BrickGlass

I love the JP trem that has been made by EBMM. It is a very stable trem that stays in tune quite well if things are lubricated. I own several guitars with Floyd's and I actually prefer the JP trem so I won't be getting one of these, but I know some people that prefer the FR so this is awesome for those people.

PeteDuBaldo

I played it today and it was insanely comfortable. It felt like the standard model JP6 but with a flat spot under the picking hand - you don't feel any change in height from the cover over the back edge of the JP tremolo. Pics in the NAMM Show 2016 thread in 3...2...1...

misterB

I suppose it's great for folks who love a Floyd, and it IS smart to offer that option................ But me personally, I'll stick to the original. MUCH less hassle and works flawlessly.

jovi_bw

JP16 with floyd rose.....

It's the time to get back the memories of JPM.
Say hi to everyone.

Attachments

• 20150419_162215.jpg
    20150419_162215.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 481

PaoloGilberto

Romania ...that's a country ...in Europe :))
people , it's just another option in the JP line :) ,there were many people who wanted a JP but with floyd...there you have it :))
and JP himself actually explains the same thing :)

don't like the option but want a JP ? you have the other JP models :)

anyway JP says is using the Majesty exclusively on the new album :))

Last edited:

Big Poppa

for those who keep thinking the jp16 is an ibanez you are really off base....when they hit the stores lay one on top it is not even close....I guess it has 6 strings

JP doesnt play 8 string when he does it will be made for him

PBGas

Thank Goodness that EBMM came out with this version! So happy. I have always disliked the stock JP trem with a passion. I've always used a floyd type bridge. There is no "hassle" with having one. Ridiculous. You either know how to set it up of you don't. I find more issues with the vintage style bridges, personally. I'm also thankful for no piezo and that jack that I can't stand for it.

Everyone has their preferences.

I'll be ordering one of these in the 7 string version! This is exactly what I have been hoping for! So much to love...stainless frets, nice profile, forearm cutaway, floyd, roasted neck, Illuminators with boost. Wow!

I'm hoping that they round the shoulders of the fretboard slightly. I found my JP12 7 that I had previously to be real sharp compared to my other guitars.

Can't wait!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom