• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

finnaddict

Just got new JP 6 love it to death..why is there no pickup height adjustment?Did'nt notice till I got it home..whats the reason?

DaPatrooch

They're mounted directly to the body, so you can't adjust the height that way. But there is something you can do to raise them up, I forget how, but I've been thinking about doing it myself when I change strings.

Heeboja

Well one thing is: Add longer screws and add some foam under the pickups. It'll screw up the sound you get from direct mounting them but if you want them raised that is one of the ways. I don't know any other way to do it.

Last edited:

Sweat

Well it is a sig model, JP likes it the way it is, if you need to raise it do a search been discussed but you can remove the pups and place washers to raise the pup but why??:D

finnaddict

I thought the bridge pickup was just a little low and the neck is quite low. Adjusting them up as close as possible with no bad effects, can make a difference in how your guitar sounds. I was surprised to find no adjustment,this guitar is so nicely built, I mean its perfect except for the lack of adjustable pick ups. All my preavious guitars " Ibanez " have had adjustable..but none sound like this one, maybe JP feels this is the best possition. would be nice to easily tweak em though. Iwas thinking longer screws and little hard wood blocks under the sides of pick ups or little spacers much like a stack of washers but not all the little pieces.

ShaneV

I thought the bridge pickup was just a little low and the neck is quite low. Adjusting them up as close as possible with no bad effects, can make a difference in how your guitar sounds. I was surprised to find no adjustment,this guitar is so nicely built, I mean its perfect except for the lack of adjustable pick ups. All my preavious guitars " Ibanez " have had adjustable..but none sound like this one, maybe JP feels this is the best possition. would be nice to easily tweak em though. Iwas thinking longer screws and little hard wood blocks under the sides of pick ups or little spacers much like a stack of washers but not all the little pieces.

I've used little pieces of rubber tubing over the screws but liked the foam better, never had a need for longer screws. If you know exactly how much higher you want to go the washers or spacer would probably be great, but I like to tweak.

the24thfret

I think it is interesting that anyone thinks they are low. Mine are certainly not near the strings but I wouldn't consider them low.

the24thfret

I like my action higher than stock, my pickups are probably the same distance from the strings as they were when the guitar left the factory.

I see your point, then. I never raise action on my guitars over factory, really, I only stay the same or go a bit lower. But even if you raised them, it wouldn't be by much?

Top Bottom