• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

guitarnerdswe

Well that sucks.

My ideal Luke would be a Fuchsia Sparkle with Transition pickups, and wired as I described above. That's like a gut and rebuild, electronics-wise. Hmm. Dammit.

I'll have to start looking at older Luke III's with transitions, but many seem to be in less-than-mint condition at this point...
What you described earlier, is doable with the stock 5-way. What I recommended against was to add a different 5-way or add a P/P on the tone pot (like some others talked about).

What you want isn't super duper hard. The pickups are soldered directly to the PCB though, so be aware of that if you're not used to soldering on PCBs. The rest can be done directly on the 5-way superswitch. 2 poles are for selecting which pickup combinations you want, 1 pole is ground (for splitting), and the last pole selects which positions you get the pickup compensation on.

Gemmy

Fell in love with my Luke 3. Really cool guitar. The transitions pickups are awesome and filled with character. The red SSS Luke 4 is gonna kill me though. It reminds me of one of those 1980s red Lamborghini Countach guitars. So who’s going to help me find the best credit card sign up bonus/reward to buy this guitar with to help quell some of the cost?! Haha.

E9AF9D17-3F4B-4290-85B8-5ED5E1AB818B.jpeg

A6E08E69-8949-45F8-AFEF-5A1F4F0CAE1C.jpeg

TripHazard

Fell in love with my Luke 3. Really cool guitar. The transitions pickups are awesome and filled with character. The red SSS Luke 4 is gonna kill me though. It reminds me of one of those 1980s red Lamborghini Countach guitars. So who’s going to help me find the best credit card sign up bonus/reward to buy this guitar with to help quell some of the cost?! Haha.

View attachment 41750

View attachment 41751
That’s the one I like best too

Jalcom1

I need the L4 Steamroller! I’ve bought a number of guitars over the past year: a Suhr Modern, several ESP (both USA and EII), 2 Ibanez 2402’s, and other EBMM’s (BFR Axis, Silhouette, an Al BFR and most recently a JP15. Despite these options, my 2021 Luke III BFR Black Sparkle with the Floyd is my number 1.

I started playing in the early eighties with a Kramer Focus and later moved to Jackson’s and Ibanez in the late eighties and early nineties. Don't get me wrong, the EBMM trems are great but a Floyd equipped guitar just feels like home to me. I’m looking forward to seeing the Steamroller released.

I know, pics or it didn’t happen 😉

IMG_3655.jpeg

IMG_4277.jpeg

IMG_5249.jpeg

IMG_5697.jpeg

IMG_6110.jpeg

IMG_3493.jpeg

Epiplatys

I put a pre-order in for a Steamroller. Don't know if I'll get one though, will see.
Yeah, it is a Floyd for me as well. The MM tremolo is great, but given a choice I'd take a Floyd every time.

Gemmy

I put a pre-order in for a Steamroller. Don't know if I'll get one though, will see.
Yeah, it is a Floyd for me as well. The MM tremolo is great, but given a choice I'd take a Floyd every time.
Where did you put in a pre-order? I haven’t seen the new models on any sites

Epiplatys

I understand it is not out till fall 2023, and it is not available to order yet. I put a deposit at Long Mcquade, reserving my spot if/when they get any.

ruger9

My kingdom for a Bluesberry LIII HH in excellent-to-mint condition!!! After seeing the new models, I'm not really stoked about theL4s.

Top Bottom