• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

skhan007

FYhGnLJ.jpg

Thanks to everyone who helped me research and differentiate between various AL model/features. I really appreciate the guidance. This is my first EBMM guitar and it won’t be my last! Best necks ever! These stock AL pickups are pure perfection, as well.

I might consider a new pickguard and would put the original signed one in the case for safe keeping. Maybe white pearloid? Black w/ black covers & knobs? Tortoise & black? Leave it as-is?
Rbay2Oj.jpg

TripHazard

Lovely, the ash grain really pops.
Get a white ice pick guard from pickguard heaven. Would look killer. @MagicJason has one on one of his

edhalen

Congrats and welcome to the family! Great choice for sure! I'd go with White Pearloid from PGH. Would look killer.

banjoplayer

wow, congrats!
It is exactly as my 1994AL is - so i´d say: "leave it as it is!" - it´s absolutely classy!
In case you want to change the pickguard: keep in mind that something changed between the old ALs and the newer ones. I think it changed around 1996 and I seem to remember it has something to do with the screw positions.
I´m sure someone here knows it or you can search on the forum for it

skhan007

Thanks guys! I appreciate the positive words and I'm thrilled to have this guitar. It's one of those necks/set ups that practically plays by itself. I'll check out both PG Heaven and PG Planet (are they the same store?) and think about what might look best on this guitar. I have noted that pre-1996 pickguards do have a different screw hole positioning. Great tip!

xjbebop

It's actually Chandler music. They changed the name from P/G Heaven to P/G Planet some time back.
I think they've left the pg heaven website up for reference...
I'm pretty sure they actually make P/G's for some instrument manufacturers...
They do good work!

*when you look through the 'colors' page, keep in mind they don't always have every style material available... you'll figure it out

beej

You can also just use a new guard and drill a new hole in the body. Sacrilege, I know, but that's what I did. (Plus routing for a battery box.)

xjbebop

PG 397: Albert Lee SSS Model
for guitars made after June 1996, SSS pu, 2 knobs & switch, 11 screws

WE ALSO HAVE:
PG 39701: Early Albert Lee SSS Model
for guitars made before June 1996; these very early Albert models wrap around the bridge a little lower than the ones today, & the screw holes around the bridge & bottom edge are lower as well. If you measure from the center of the Highest screw on the bass side to the center of the Lowest screw on the bass side, the measure is 7-3/8″. On the later & current generation guards, this measure is 7-1/4″. If you are not sure, please contact us

Top Bottom