• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Axis Sport

Found this in Nashville during my travels this past week. 2016 quilt top with roasted maple neck. Chambered with no M hole, one volume, 3 way toggle and push pull for splitting the pickups. I have not put it on a scale, but could not be more than 5 or 6 bounds. Great hum-bucker tones and when split, sweet Strat like tones with no volume drop. I really love this guitar and feel lucky to have gotten it.

Last edited:

jlf599

Wow! Congrats! That's a gorgeous Axis.

I wonder how that came to pass - chambered with no M hole?

Axis Sport

Thanks, it looks like it was an artist guitar or maybe for a show. If an artist it would be the second one I have purchased, the first was a Reflex. I really love the standard Axis set up as far as one knob and switch. The weight is impressive too, just an overall quality guitar from MM. Fortuantly I did not have to pay that for it, they gave me a great deal and a tee shirt to boot.

jlf599

Thanks, it looks like it was an artist guitar or maybe for a show. If an artist it would be the second one I have purchased, the first was a Reflex. I really love the standard Axis set up as far as one knob and switch. The weight is impressive too, just an overall quality guitar from MM. Fortuantly I did not have to pay that for it, they gave me a great deal and a tee shirt to boot.

That's awesome! I also prefer the Axis layout to the ASS layout. I like the single vol and 3 way switch.

I'm only a tiny bit jealous of your purchase. :)

Axis Sport

Very nice indeed. Do you have a built preamp as I can see there is a battery in the back?

I assumed it was a silent circuit, but your question made me look. It is a silent circuit,
even though this one looks taller than the ones I have seen the past, but believe there have been different ones over the years.

threeminutesboy

That’s interesting, thanks for checking but as you said there was no volume drop when pup are splitted I thought it might be a preamp. In any case a great find and a keeper for sure.

Enjoy it!

Axis Sport

Did some mods to my SS. Such a great guitar and has become my go to instrument. I love my Axis too, but this one has some special sauce. Go back and forth on which guard I like best.

Axis Sport

I think I like the black as well, and have some black tuning buttons around here somewhere. I thought it could use black buttons with the black guard too.

jlf599

Did some mods to my SS. Such a great guitar and has become my go to instrument. I love my Axis too, but this one has some special sauce. Go back and forth on which guard I like best.

At first, the idea of covering up that quilt at all seemed sacrilege...but the more I see the black pickguard with covered pickups, the more I like it!

J

Top Bottom