• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Axis Sport

At first, the idea of covering up that quilt at all seemed sacrilege...but the more I see the black pickguard with covered pickups, the more I like it!

J

I tend to like solid colors the best and feel the guard breaks up the quilt more to my liking.

PeteDuBaldo

Did some mods to my SS. Such a great guitar and has become my go to instrument. I love my Axis too, but this one has some special sauce. Go back and forth on which guard I like best.

IMG_4524.JPG

Wow, that looks great with the black pickguard!

2mdude

That's quite the transformation. Agree with the pickup cover reply. I'm personally partial to the black pickguard, but she's not my baby. :)

Axis Sport

It really is a special guitar and feel lucky to have it. To be honest I have never been a huge fan of quilt, but this one is done so nicely and I like the way the guard breaks it up some.

Astrofreq

Wow. Basically, the return of the hardtail axis from the late 90s, but chambered and a coil tap!

This would make a great production model. I’d die to hear that next to my Axis. Nice score!!

Be thankful you saw it before I did! Haha. :)

Last edited:

Axis Sport

Wow. Basically, the return of the hardtail axis from the late 90s, but chambered and a coil tap!

This would make a great production model. I’d die to hear that next to my Axis. Nice score!!

Be thankful you saw it before I did! Haha. :)

I am and bought it right away, as I knew you were lurking right around the corner:)

Slick64

This came to my house over a week ago. I can tell you that this is now my favorite ever guitar! It's so light, and so perfect for my needs. Couldn't ask for more from EBMM. This was a grand slam home run.

jlf599

This came to my house over a week ago. I can tell you that this is now my favorite ever guitar! It's so light, and so perfect for my needs. Couldn't ask for more from EBMM. This was a grand slam home run.

Awesome! That guitar is beautiful.

I saw you were selling the Axis hardtail you bought from me. Did you sell it and the blue Balboa hardtail? I was awfully tempted by the blue one. :)

Slick64

I have both on Reverb. Those are only going because I picked up this one and the 25th Anniversary quilt is on its way. This one fills the gap of a hardtail Axis, so no need for the red one, even though that neck is killer. The blue one is stunning and exactly 6lbs, and wasn’t going anywhere, but this one weighs even less.

I may even move my Trans black BFR ASS now. It’ll take a few weeks to decide.

I just wish Reverb didn’t charge fees, I could do better pricing direct.

Astrofreq

Which guitar did you get?

Slick64

The chambered one, no M hole. It’s back to its original look, uncovered pickups & no pick guard.

I’ll post up a pic later.

jlf599

I have both on Reverb. Those are only going because I picked up this one and the 25th Anniversary quilt is on its way. This one fills the gap of a hardtail Axis, so no need for the red one, even though that neck is killer. The blue one is stunning and exactly 6lbs, and wasn’t going anywhere, but this one weighs even less.

I may even move my Trans black BFR ASS now. It’ll take a few weeks to decide.

I just wish Reverb didn’t charge fees, I could do better pricing direct.

Message me - let's chat about that blue one. :)

Top Bottom