• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Roddy P

I've had this beauty for a few weeks. Absolutely love everything about it - well, almost everything. Not a huge fan of the pickups and I'd like to have some variety tone-wise. I've had a few of the Tahitian Blue versions of this guitar along the way but moved them on for one reason or another. Not this one. It's my forever guitar. Having said that I'm securing the parts to have this done to it:

As part of that mod I've scored a set of Axis pick ups and Nickel covers (which will hopefully fit) which will be installed. After all of that is done I believe I will have myself the perfect guitar :)

Pics:

View attachment 41369 View attachment 41370 View attachment 41371 View attachment 41372
If you’re still looking for versatile pickups try Lindy Frailens, hand wired in Virginia. They are awesome through the Sebago 100 watt “Double Trouble” amp(Dumble Clone) @ 1/20th the price($2500-3,000)
Also check out the Sebago “Texas Flood”. They are probably harder to find than a Dumble 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🦄

✌️

edhalen

Is the Caramel Burst pretty much the same, spec-wise, as the Tahitian Blue? (Besides flame vs quilt top, of course...) How is the neck finished? I've read both "ultra-light satin polyurethane" and the more traditional oil and wax. Beautiful guitar, btw! :love:
I believe it’s the exact same other than the finish. The neck is a satin finish and smooth as glass. I actually prefer it over the oil/wax blend. No maintenance! Maybe just a quick wipe down every so often.

d_neufeld5150

Thats a great looking guitar. I have axis pickups in 2 out of 4 of my morses. I really do like them in that guitar..

I had an original dark lord. That was such a nice guitar wish I didn't t sell it.
How are they different compared to the stock pickups? Ive got the blue and the black one dl

Top Bottom