• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Cenobyte

My gateway into Music Man was a black HSS Silo Special back in 2010ish, loved the guitar, did a pile of gigging with it, then I ended up picking up a ALHH and that was it for me, it has since become my go to gigging guitar... Though I always kind of missed that Silo, a gateway guitar for me. I've also always wanted a silver sparkle guitar, so I was thrilled to see the Silo in July's BFR lineup... silver sparkle and on a guitar I know I have some mojo with? Yes please! I really hoped one would come up in Canada, and sure enough... BAM!

I pulled the trigger on #3 of 75... just placed the order on Reverb, if all goes well I should have it by the end of the week! Woooo! Added a few pics from the listing, will update with pics once I get it!

I'm really wondering what the switching will be with the HHH... guessing traditional HSH, but who knows! Anyone have any idea what that might be?

Attachments

• 2020-08-17_22-16-54.jpg
    2020-08-17_22-16-54.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 251
  • 2020-08-17_22-17-19.jpg
    2020-08-17_22-17-19.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 210
  • 2020-08-17_22-17-46.jpg
    2020-08-17_22-17-46.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 272
  • 2020-08-17_22-19-18.jpg
    2020-08-17_22-19-18.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 191
  • 2020-08-17_22-20-06.jpg
    2020-08-17_22-20-06.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

daneford

Very cool. I love silos and have been tempted myself on this one. If it weren't for the Sabre calling my name, I probably would have grabbed one.

GWDavis28

I saw this it caught my eye because it said it was mint and a little bit cheaper than all the others listed.

CONGRATS!!!

Glenn |B)

Cenobyte

Thanks folks, it's a special guitar for sure, anything to brighten up this year is a good thing! I'll be sure to add some images and thoughts on how it sounds when I get it!

Oh and I managed to find out about the switching, it's packed with a standard Silhouette diagram, so classic switching... I'm guessing it splits the middle Chopper in position 2 and 4? Should be interesting... the pickups in this guitar are beasts, may need to learn Photograph by Def Leppard or something :p

I saw this it caught my eye because it said it was mint and a little bit cheaper than all the others listed.

Yeah, that's another thing I submitted an offer, and after couple back and forth's I got this guitar for a very good price... oh and free shipping! I did have an advantage going in though as I had bought the atomic orange BFR Stingray off the same dealer back in January... same guy negotiating etc.

Last edited:

GWDavis28

Yeah, that's another thing I submitted an offer, and after couple back and forth's I got this guitar for a very good price... oh and free shipping! I did have an advantage going in though as I had bought the atomic orange BFR Stingray off the same dealer back in January... same guy negotiating etc.

Nice man, can't wait to hear more about it. Damn 2 BFR's in the same year, excellent.

Glenn |B)

Cenobyte

Nice man, can't wait to hear more about it. Damn 2 BFR's in the same year, excellent.
Yeah, this is a first for me... I think it's partly due to better EBMM distribution in Canada over the last year or two and sites like Reverb picking up in popularity worldwide. Reality is I'll have to sell off a mint CU22/10 Top I never play to balance things out, but I'm ok with that, I want guitars I will play live vs sitting in the case because I'm afraid to take them out! And I mean, who needs a 10 top when you can have that crazy sparkle! :D lol

Sweat

Congrats , great grab, I so wanted to get one but lack of funds and lack of being able to sell existing equipment has kept me from purchasing one

Enjoy that one I think it is one of the best looking EBMM in quite awhile.

tbonesullivan

Nice!!! It'll look great on stage, if everyone isn't blinded by it! I saw Satriani live with one of his Chromeboys and damn if you were in the wrong spot you got the full force of stage lighting in your face.

Cenobyte

Just got it about 45 mins ago... wow, beautiful, just stunning. Feels great as well, haven't plugged it in yet as I'm technically at work (I work from home) lol I'll get some shots up in the next day or so and a little review on the pickups and the switching etc.

Nice!!! It'll look great on stage, if everyone isn't blinded by it! I saw Satriani live with one of his Chromeboys and damn if you were in the wrong spot you got the full force of stage lighting in your face.

Haha! I've owned a couple of JS models over the years, love the curves and they're grounded in the same era I bought my first really nice guitar, an Ibanez Sabre circa 1988... so they have a similar vibe body wise. Anyway the new chromeboys, saw one a month or so ago at a price that was at least 1k less than what they should have been... almost bit, but these July BFR's came up and I made this Silo my mission. So the Chromeboy has some influence on this purchase for sure, visually at least! Maybe we'll add a "must bring sunglasses" warning onto our posters! :p

xjbebop

First & foremost, That's a fabulous BFR!!
One of my first MM gittars was/is a silver sparkle JP6... still have it!

The JS Chromeboy is stunning as well, but I can't even imaging trying to keep the fingerprints off!

Reality is I'll have to sell off a mint CU22/10 Top I never play to balance things out, but I'm ok with that, I want guitars I will play live vs sitting in the case because I'm afraid to take them out! And I mean, who needs a 10 top when you can have that crazy sparkle! :D lol

I've been selling off my prs 'core' guitars recently. Nice instruments, but I have ergonomic issues with them and almost never play 'em anyways. Don't miss them a bit.
I've got a few S2 models I like, but I always go to my AL's first!

LesPaul

I'd love to get one of those Silos. I'm considering selling my 2019 Les Paul Std to help fund it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Cenobyte

Just a quick drop in after playing around with the new Silo for an hour or so, I'm nowhere near finished working out my thoughts on the sounds/pickups, but this is a rock machine, no question there. The guitar itself plays as you'd expect, smooth and perfect.

So as I mentioned earlier the guitar shipped with a Silhouette switching diagram, was uncertain how that would work with an HHH... turns out it's absolutely not Silo HSH switching, I'm not 100% yet, but I think it's wired like the HHH St. Vincent! If it's not exactly the same it's close. Pos. 1-3 are the bridge, middle and neck only it seems... then a couple different combos in 4 and 5... I did some tapping with my pick but need to dig a little deeper in the next day or two when I have some time, may also reach out to customer support to see if they can ask around and dig up some answers!

Coming off the ALHH this is going to take some getting used to! Anyway that's it for now, found that interesting figured I'd share. :)

Attachments

• body-76.jpg
    body-76.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 129

GWDavis28

But I thought the middle pickup was a single coil?? Am I missing something??

Thanx, Glenn |B)

Top Bottom