• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dibart77

Hi everyone! Thanks again for all the cool posts on NYNGD #1 and #2! Another day, another belated NGD: NYNGD (New Year's New Guitar Day) Number 3!

If you've been following my insanity a little bit, then you know that my main daily go-to guitar that has seen hundreds (thousands, maybe?) of rehearsals and dozens of gigs is my 1995 opaque black Silhouette with floating Floyd Rose, rosewood fretboard, etc. And I have collected pretty much every color of mid-90's Floyd-equipped Silhouette.

So you can imagine my G.A.S. when Derek announced the one-off's for this year's guitar shows: A limited run of clasic reissues which featured the original Swamp Ash bodies, 24 frets, and a floating Floyd Rose! Of course, I jumped on them.

Today we have a Silhouette Classic Reissue in Pacific Blue Burst:

photo_0004_nologo.jpg

photo_0001.jpg

photo_0002.jpg

photo_0003.jpg

I picked this up from Derek, Glen, and Alex from GC at the Philly Guitar Show in November. This is a super dark example of the Pacific Blue Burst finish -- the blue is very subtle between the black bursting and the black pickguard. It also really shows the grain in the Swamp Ash.

I will be honest that it would have been my preference to have a H-S-H pickup combination, as that's my bread and butter, but EBMM wanted to stay true to the layout of the earlier Silhouettes. Which is fine -- this guitar still sounds great and feels even better! Loving it!

I'll be back tomorrow (or maybe even tonight) with another NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Day! Thanks for joining me on this journey!

(P.S. The first photo is the "official" Music Man glamour shot, not mine.)

coldsummer

Congrats yet again! So far, this one is my favorite.

Me too!

In fact I was considering ordering one of these when they were announced last year. Scott at EBMM kindly asked the UK distributor to contact me but (no surprise) they never did so I missed the order window.:rolleyes:

dibart77

Congrats yet again! So far, this one is my favorite.

Thanks @acwild! This one is kind of a "sleeper" -- the finish is subtle but really nice when you look closely!

you're having a good start to the year Jeff, :)

@ErnieJohn: NO! I didn't get all of these since 1/1/2013!!! These are guitars I got over time that I didn't post in my guitar gallery...

Damn Jeff! You are the man. Your collection is nothing short of AMAZING!

Thanks @guitarp77!

Me too! In fact I was considering ordering one of these when they were announced last year. Scott at EBMM kindly asked the UK distributor to contact me but (no surprise) they never did so I missed the order window.:rolleyes:

Yeah, what's with that? I remember Scott opening it up International buyers, and then I didn't hear anything more. So nobody outside the USA ended up getting one?

Top Bottom