• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

strummer

Enormous Member
Thanks for the link, phatdukk.

What an awesome color that is.... *dreaming* :eek: :rolleyes:
Nevertheless, the DD2-Edition leaves some questions to me...

1) Will the DD2 be available in Germany (Europe), too?
2) And if so: Is it possible to get the head of StingRays/Sterlings colored, too? Would look MUCH nicer, to my mind.
3) And does "The Dargie Limited Edition is available on all instruments except the Steve Morse Y2D, Axis, and Axis Super Sport models." mean that any pickup config will be available? Sterling 5, too?

OMG, I'm so excited...

Thanks for your information on my questions!
FunkyPunky

Yes to all of the above.

phatduckk

Thanks for the link, phatdukk.

What an awesome color that is.... *dreaming* :eek: :rolleyes:
Nevertheless, the DD2-Edition leaves some questions to me...

1) Will the DD2 be available in Germany (Europe), too?
2) And if so: Is it possible to get the head of StingRays/Sterlings colored, too? Would look MUCH nicer, to my mind.
3) And does "The Dargie Limited Edition is available on all instruments except the Steve Morse Y2D, Axis, and Axis Super Sport models." mean that any pickup config will be available? Sterling 5, too?

OMG, I'm so excited...

Thanks for your information on my questions!
FunkyPunky

Yup. Of the qualifying models (seems like any guitar or bass w/o binding) - u can still choose any of the available options for that particular model except:

1) you ALWAYS get an ebony board w/ new DD2 inlays
2) obviously, the new DD2 finish.
3) otherwise all other standard options are available (piezo, matching headstock, etc etc)

FunkyPunky

Man, that's awesome.... Thanks so much for your answers! :p
So and Sterling 5 is up next - right after I bought that StingRay Ebony ltd. this month.
Any GOOD explanations - I mean REAL good ones - how I am going to tell my girlfriend?! ...she's gonna kick me to the moon :D

Kruse

Any thoughts on the pickguard/knobs color? What else would look good besides black/black?

Edit: Oh, I've just seen on the MusicMan website that they come with a black pickguard. Question answered.

Last edited:

phatduckk

Man, that's awesome.... Thanks so much for your answers! :p
So and Sterling 5 is up next - right after I bought that StingRay Ebony ltd. this month.
Any GOOD explanations - I mean REAL good ones - how I am going to tell my girlfriend?! ...she's gonna kick me to the moon :D

cant tell the girlfriend? WTF!!??!! she's not your wife dude... do whatever u want.

FunkyPunky

...*lol* :D
Right you are, Phatdukk! But remember: a Sterling in Europe is MUCH more expansive than it is in America. Around 2100 EUR for a standard HH version... :(

Which leads me to my next question: any prices available yet??

Greetings,
FunkyPunky

GreyDad

Forum protocol is not to discuss pricing since it varies around the world due to local duties and taxes and also what sort of deal you personally negotiate with your retailer!! Get haggling...

starsky

Another question please
Will it have dargie delight 2 printed on the back of the body near the neck plate like the 1st dargies?

thanks

That's what I'd also like to know. A small point, but it was a really nice touch on the first Dargies.

starsky

If you go by the pictures in the first post of this thread, the answer is no.

Seems that way, I wasn't sure though if the pic was a prototype or the 'final' design. It would be good to get official confirmation one way or the other.

Top Bottom