• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GreyDad

Oh yeah! :D

But what does it sound like? I've wondered about trying that a few times but never got round to it...

T-bone

It's a great sound, GreyDad. Unique and full of sustain. I think the 30th may have something to do with the sound, too. ;)

tbone

GreyDad

I guess you can only bow the E and the G, yes? Do you have to have rounds or flats or doesn't it matter?

For the price of a bow I might just go out and try it ;)

T-bone

I pretty much just hang on the E string and work my way up the fretboard. This particular song is F, A, then D. And the D sounds incredible. Lots-O-sustain.

I have rounds on the 30th and like the tone better than the flats on my buttercream. There's more resistance, and just seems a little easier to dial in the tone I'm looking for.

Give it a try, GreyDad. I think you'll enjoy the sound, and for your fans who are old enough to remember Jimmy Page, you'll bring a smile to their faces.

tbone

GreyDad

Thanks, tbone, I grew up listening to Jimmy Page and Led Zep :) Actually, it was wanting to play like John Paul Jones that got me to buy my first bass in '76. I was having a nostalgic Led Zep fest last night and progressed onto Raising Sand, which coincidentally was playing when I read your post :D so I offer my thanks to you for that, it's an inspired and very cool album.

Anyway, you've planted a seed in my head about this so I reckon I'm going to give it a go. I might try it with some weird effects, echos and delays when I'm in a more experimental (psychadelic?) mood :D

Neil

tezzanator

Our band played a Private Party today! - Weather held out for us! - Still the tarp was a precaution =)
Stingray 3 band :D - Fastest neck I have ever played, Ever.
DSCN0543-800.jpg

DSCN0537-800.jpg

DSCN0533-800.jpg

P050709_1511.jpg

Private parties are FUN =)
The engineering and thought put into these instruments is just outstanding, never lets me down :)

Last edited:

UKFIN

gig pics

A couple of shots of the PBB in action at this years Atlanta Fest June 20th. Click thumbnails to enlarge

Last edited:

HEWLIO

I got to sit in for one song with my dads band on the 4th at one of their best gigs. I've known all the guys for a real long time and it was fun to finally play with them.
My dad used to play a sick 70's stingray that I used in jazz band before i got my bongo then he had a stingray 5 and now he plays a honer cause i warwick ruined his shoulder. I tease him cause i know my bongo is better and he wont admit it.
DSCF2179.jpg

DSCF2162.jpg

Sonnyonbass

Some pics from a special show we did in complete surround environment.
(actually 2 shows) ;)

ZiggyDude

Your right - I changed the text on photo album some time back but not the other post. Oopsy. I was caught on that one right away and got the photo in the album. :) He normally does the vintage Hamer thing so it caught me off guard. The Ibanez was fresh out of the custom paint place he knows. It was also the same night I debuted the Desert Gold Bongo 5 I got - it was a colorful stage :)

DTG

Some pics from a special show we did in complete surround environment.
(actually 2 shows) ;)

Hey man are you from Groningen ?? i played a few gigs there many moons ago,cool place to spen some time in....we had way too much fun :D

Top Bottom