• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Warg Master

Since everyone else is doing collection shots, I might as well post mine too. :p

They're large so I'll post links :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Wargus/Guitars/gfam1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Wargus/Guitars/gfam2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Wargus/Guitars/gfam3.jpg

The one that's all "wood"colored in the front row has been parted out and no longer exists...it was an experiement. :)

In it's place is this one:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Wargus/Guitars/Frank2.jpg
A lot of people think it ugly... good, that was the intention, it was fun. :)

mcvinyl

Hi, Yeah she's a beauty. She's been gigged for a while so she has that "broken in" feel. Just about ready for a fret dress though. Here's the link to the ebay auction that the guy I bought it from had set up, he took some closeups.

She didn't sell at auction so I made him a private offer and now she's mine.

It's a Blueburst which apparently was a limited run colour for the Silo's.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3758127046

Last edited:

NorM

Yes I like Silos. Like I said before, Silos are a my guitar can do more than your guitar kind of guitar. 24 frets and then 3 of them have split coil EMG’s and that cool Steve Morse bridge toggle switch. Since I got the Petrucci back I have been playing it exclusively. Then last night I picked up one of the Silos and played one chord. It won’t be to much longer before the Pet finds it way back to the case. The Blue Dawn Silo has the piezo on it so there are 22 different pickup configurations listed at the thread
Ernie Ball's most versitile Guitar
and is my favorite guitar.
The Silo Bass is a pure toy. It is just fun to play. I have tried to play other brands of baritone guitars and they all are just difficult to play.
In taking this picture I found that photographing metal flake finishes with a Pac Blue Burst axis is tough. Also the color on the purple Silo Bass wants to wash out to look black. What I found was if I use a flash the Blue Dawn and the Burnt Apple look great but the contrast on the quilt top axis just doesn’t show up. To me the top on the Axis is the prettiest piece of wood I have ever seen on a guitar. Without the flash, the way this picture was taken, the Blue Dawn and the Burnt Apple just don’t sparkle. (FYI mine are the rare sparkly ones even though the pictures don’t show it.) What I ended up doing was bringing every light in the room and uncovering all five windows and no flash.
I am really proud of this collection and I worked really hard to get each guitar. I am also really glad that Ernie Ball provides this forum so that I can share this with you guys. The only people in the world that can appreciate my geek habit.
I really Love My Ernie Ball Guitars and Ernie Ball!

Banger

Ok, here we go...
My beloved Luke II:
IMG_3611_JPG.jpg

My *slightly* customized Aria STG:
1105365867.jpg

My decent colored Vester Maniac:
1094494137.jpg

Aria & Ovation-Style Roundback sunbathing:
1084720405.jpg

My Peavy C5/NTB bass:
1085078258.jpg

(Hey! This is neither jail nor my home, but the back window of our rehersal room located in an old factory building.)

...and always be aware of this fluffy-but-snappish guy :D
1084301654.jpg

...good boy, keeps roadies and drummers away from my gear ;-)

beej

*Finally* got around to taking some pics. The happy family (doesn't include the project guitars in the basement or acoustics ...):

all-on-couch-1.JPG

My "strat"- homemade body, Warmoth neck, Bill Lawrence pickups and Q-filter (gives a piezo-like sound), series/split/parallel switching:

jstrat-front.jpg

Washburn N4 with Bill Lawrence pickups:

n4-front-closeup.jpg

n4-back-closeup.jpg

Jon's old Axis Super Sport. Note the all-black pickups and awesome birdseye neck. Looooove this baby!

axis-front-closeup-noflash.jpg

axis-rear-noflash.jpg

Tommy in Delaware's old 6-bolt Morse. Now has a series/split/parallel switch for both HBs and a Bill Lawrence Q-filter (for a piezo-like sound):

morse-front-closeup-2.jpg

Luke with an awesome birdseye neck!

luke-front-closeup-noflash.jpg

luke-neck.jpg

Also- Burnt Apple Silhouette Special (it's for sale):

silspec-front-closeup.jpg

Eilif

Axis SS Pacific Blue Burst

Here's my new Axis Super Sport w/piezo, Pacific Blue Burst, with premium quilt top. I took a closeup with both flash and no flash to try and better capture the color.

ladder.jpg

noflash.jpg

flash.jpg

head2.jpg

Last edited:

samplesize

New

I've had the Luke for a few months. Just got the Silhouette :) , used (it's a 1991, I believe). What would you call that color? Not quite tobacco sunburst, not quite vintage sunburst...anyone know?

Attachments

• IMG_1106 processed_1_1_1.jpg
    IMG_1106 processed_1_1_1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 3,882
Last edited:

GWDavis28

aaronb

attachment.php

my silhoutte:2001 las vegas gold with brushed aluminum pickguard (sorry the pic sux)

gibson5413

Had mine for over two years and absolutely love it! Good combo with the amp!

000_0119.jpg

fsmith

I finally had a chance to take some pics of the new Silhouette and the Petrucci...

I gave the Silo the neck treatment, 600 grit, 1000 grit, 1500 grit then the oil and wax. WOW!!! New knobs and a fresh set of 10's... :D

Pictures

fred

Last edited:

DeepFried

Just got this yesterday. Rosewood Axis Super Sport. A killer, killer guitar. Love the rosewood neck.

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

Top Bottom