• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GoKart Mozart

For those of you who have experienced playing both the EVH model and the Axis, how do the necks compare? Are there any major differences besides the slightly wider neck of the Axis?

Personally, I've found more variation across the Axis necks over the years vs. a straight comparison of the EVH model necks vs. the early Axis necks. Hand sanding and all that...

The extra width on the Axis neck is only at the heel end of the neck, so it's virtually the same otherwise.

CoffeeDrinker71

Personally, I've found more variation across the Axis necks over the years vs. a straight comparison of the EVH model necks vs. the early Axis necks. Hand sanding and all that...

The extra width on the Axis neck is only at the heel end of the neck, so it's virtually the same otherwise.
Thanks! I keep hearing so many positive things about the EVH version and I'm considering hunting one down...but if the Axis version is nearly identical then it might be worth just saving the $$$ and getting the Axis?!?!?!

GoKart Mozart

Thanks! I keep hearing so many positive things about the EVH version and I'm considering hunting one down...but if the Axis version is nearly identical then it might be worth just saving the $$$ and getting the Axis?!?!?!

Personally, yes…I’d take the Axis over the VH sig model and use the extra money you saved to buy a couple of other rad guitars.😄

Top Bottom