• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

2008 Sequoia Gold LE Silo Special with gold hardware.

f9ase5mvjootl4znogty.jpg

Glenn |B)

GWDavis28

Another shot of the 2020 July BFR, Silo!!!!

Introducing Mr. Bling for 2020. ;)

mxn2jczei269u5qhbomd.jpg

Glenn |B)

AndyG

1989 Silo with Burns Trisonic Pickups

Hello everyone,
here is my self-made Brian May Silo hack.

:)

Attachments

• IMG_5080.jpg
    IMG_5080.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5081.jpg
    IMG_5081.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 67

gitapik

Very nice! Diggin the '94. 1 of the 2 made for Joe Walsh?
Yep. DJ turned me on to it. Wonderful guitar. I had some plates made for an SSS and HSH setup, but these Barden “Danny Gatton” pickups are excellent. The lack of a metal plate for the bridge pickup to sit on tones down the Tele vibe a little...but it’s there all the same and really does sound excellent. Unique to the guitar.
The Special is just that. Took out the Silent circuit and put in Areas and a Tyler Secret humbucker. Standard Strat switch and setup. I love that guitar.

Last edited:

SilosRock

Yep. DJ turned me on to it. Wonderful guitar. I had some plates made for an SSS and HSH setup, but these Barden “Danny Gatton” pickups are excellent. The lack of a metal plate for the bridge pickup to sit on tones down the Tele vibe a little...but it’s there all the same and really does sound excellent.

That's awesome! Those Barden pups are special.

I've been on a Tele kick lately. Recently sold my '91 that I was converting to a Tele-style setup but G.A.S got the best of me...off it went. I told myself I'd never part ways with her but im sure you know how that goes. Enjoy my friend!

gitapik

That's awesome! Those Barden pups are special.

I've been on a Tele kick lately. Recently sold my '91 that I was converting to a Tele-style setup but G.A.S got the best of me...off it went. I told myself I'd never part ways with her but im sure you know how that goes. Enjoy my friend!
I know exactly how that goes. My longtime goto ‘57 AVRI Strat sat in its case for years after I bought the Silo Special. I sold it to a dad who gave it to his son as a graduation present. Son was elated. Sent me a video of himself playing it. Very cool.

I’d love a nice Tele. Heard someone playing one through a Whammy pedal. Blew me away.

SilosRock

I know exactly how that goes. My longtime goto ‘57 AVRI Strat sat in its case for years after I bought the Silo Special. I sold it to a dad who gave it to his son as a graduation present. Son was elated. Sent me a video of himself playing it. Very cool.

I’d love a nice Tele. Heard someone playing one through a Whammy pedal. Blew me away.

Once you hold an EBMM in your hands, we're all done for haha. Will always have one or more in the stable.

I love hearing stories like that... There's something satisfying knowing the guitfiddle you once cherished, gets in the right hands and continues to inspire.

gitapik

Once you hold an EBMM in your hands, we're all done for haha. Will always have one or more in the stable.

I love hearing stories like that... There's something satisfying knowing the guitfiddle you once cherished, gets in the right hands and continues to inspire.
I love the compact body/neck/headstock designs of the EBMM guitars.

Yeah...I'm not one for mothballing things that could be seriously enjoyed.

Curious: how did you know the Silo was one of the two builds for Walsh? My past post...? Reverb?

Top Bottom