• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Cenobyte

As promised a few weeks back, here are a few glamour shots of my July '20 BFR... a real honest to goodness masterpiece of sparkling beauty! :).

Note: I have no idea why this site alters the orientation of some images and not others, a couple of these are rotated 90 degrees, which is not how they were taken etc.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 90
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 75
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 71
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 88
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 70

gitapik

As promised a few weeks back, here are a few glamour shots of my July '20 BFR... a real honest to goodness masterpiece of sparkling beauty! :).

Note: I have no idea why this site alters the orientation of some images and not others, a couple of these are rotated 90 degrees, which is not how they were taken etc.
Beautiful. What are the pickups?

Cenobyte

Beautiful. What are the pickups?

Thanks folks, it hard to not look at all the time! lol

For pickups it's got a Super Distortion in the bridge, The Chopper in the middle and a Super 2 in the neck... all classic DiMarzios. It's basically an HHH. Switching is different as well, positions 1-3 are neck, middle, bridge and 4-5 are all 3 pickups in series and bridge/neck in series. It's kind of a sparkly beast! :)

beeshma123

My Albert Lee Black Sugar has the dark and I need to state that I like that especially too. This would be a decent choice, however, they've been making it part of the BFR's lately, to a great extent. Everything we can do it trust it'll be offered once more.

gitapik

Thanks folks, it hard to not look at all the time! lol

For pickups it's got a Super Distortion in the bridge, The Chopper in the middle and a Super 2 in the neck... all classic DiMarzios. It's basically an HHH. Switching is different as well, positions 1-3 are neck, middle, bridge and 4-5 are all 3 pickups in series and bridge/neck in series. It's kind of a sparkly beast! :)
Powerful beast!

Cenobyte

Powerful beast!

Exactly, I've already recorded some parts for a friends album with it and the result has been pretty gritty! :D

Must say going back through the thread a bit, I'm i tiny bit jealous of your '94 silo, being a fan of JW myself (I've had the Barnstorm album on in rotation this year, just a feel good album in not so feel good times) that would be pretty nifty to have in the arsenal... and very cool looking obviously! :)

Last edited:

gitapik

Exactly, I've already recorded some parts for a friends album with it and the result has been pretty gritty! :D

Must say going back through the thread a bit, I'm i tiny bit jealous of your '94 silo, being a fan of JW myself (I've had the Barnstorm album on in rotation this year, just a feel good album in not so feel good times) that would be pretty nifty to have in the arsenal... and very cool looking obviously! :)
Thanks. It’s a beautiful guitar in every way.

I mentioned that I’d had a couple of pickguards made for swapping out, when I bought it. I had a power setup similar to yours in mind, for the HSH guard.

But this Tele setup is unique and sounds so good...I just haven’t messed with it. So I go to papa LP when I want to tear down some skyscrapers.

krish123

My Albert Lee Black Sugar has the midnight and I need to state that I like that particularly too. This would be a pleasant choice, however they've been making it part of the BFR's as of late, to a great extent. Everything we can do it trust it'll be offered once more.

Pmusicman

MMInfull.jpg MMbody.jpg MMHead.jpg MMneck.jpg MMbackside.jpg

Meet Rose guys... I've had her since around 2011. She was on the floor, in her case, being looked over. Plugged her in and was amazed by the sounds. I don't know how a brand new Music Man Silhouette Special anniversary got there, 4 years after being made. But you won't hear me complaining. I used to gig her, but now I wish I made her my casequeen. The serial is G34567. Can anyone tell me more about the model, were there many made? Cheers, lots of sweet pictures in this thread...

GWDavis28

View attachment 37209 View attachment 37210 View attachment 37211 View attachment 37212 View attachment 37213

Meet Rose guys... I've had her since around 2011. She was on the floor, in her case, being looked over. Plugged her in and was amazed by the sounds. I don't know how a brand new Music Man Silhouette Special anniversary got there, 4 years after being made. But you won't hear me complaining. I used to gig her, but now I wish I made her my casequeen. The serial is G34567. Can anyone tell me more about the model, were there many made? Cheers, lots of sweet pictures in this thread...

Welcome and congrats, those are one of BP's favorites!!!
You can get info from there with your serial number:

Serial Number Database | Ernie Ball Music Man

Serial # G34567
Manufactured January 26th, 2007
Build Code 560-80-21-00-TG-CR
Model 20th Anniversary Silhouette Tremolo

Ernie Ball/Music Man 20th Anniversary Silhouette | Guitar World

20th_ann_flyr_zps707ff50f.jpg

Hope that helps. Glenn |B)

Pmusicman

Thanks Glenn, found out some new specs, absolutely beautiful. Watching the BP Music Man experience video now... How awesome the place where these are made. Music Man guitars are truly something special. I share the ''room full of guitars, no money''. Worth it!

Regards,

Pete

GWDavis28

Nice pair of Silo's Axis Sport!!!! Was that second one an original Silo Special?

Glenn |B)

GWDavis28

Figured by the old bridge design, looks pretty funky though, nice job!!!

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom