• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

Blue Dawn original

1406113415-66995000.jpg

Glenn |B)

NikolaK

Im curious about 20th anniversary Silo... Is it the same body shape just without the pickguard? I've found that no pg guitars just sound better, i always hear the "plastic" of the pickguard in the sound. Maybe im just imagining lol And lots of sublime players with their Strats didnt have a problem for over 50 years so... :)

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Im curious about 20th anniversary Silo... Is it the same body shape just without the pickguard? I've found that no pg guitars just sound better, i always hear the "plastic" of the pickguard in the sound. Maybe im just imagining lol And lots of sublime players with their Strats didnt have a problem for over 50 years so... :)

Yes, it is the same body as the 24 fret Silhouette but without the bevels on the horns.

And yes, I think you are imagining it but, no matter, whatever floats yer boat! :)

gitapik

Silo special with full rosewood neck, plays like butter.

9b99d70c8977e4f7f58e4b3c6d2cd59b.jpg

810fc8a52b7e9507d8d25f733c755a7b.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't have the password for pics of my Silo Special...but the body and board are very similar to the one above (nice ax, steevo).

I put Lollar Blackfaces in the neck and middle and a Tyler Secret humbucker in the bridge. Couldn't be happier!

I haven't checked all the posts...so I'm wondering if the OP has taken the plunge and picked one up, yet? If not and you're still considering, well:

DO IT!!!!

I love my Silo. Small and light. So versatile and so easy to play. It's my favorite guitar.

fogman

2008 Silo Special LE

p1_utu0eqskc_ss.jpg

Glenn |B)

One of my favourite offerings.
I wanted one of those so bad and had the money for it at the time. Unfortunately I couldn't get past the 2008 inlay which was a disappointing deal breaker for me.

dibart77

mcdymjb2deocquduy1ts.jpg

Without a big hello kitty face, that's just not my cup of tea. Subtle sparkles wouldn't hurt either.

DrKev... Be careful. Maybe someone you know just bought that for his collection........... :eek:

Last edited:
Top Bottom