• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Fontanz

Just saw a yt Deep Purple clip with Steve playing another golden Morse. So perhaps this might be the original one from the Guitar Center sessions in 2010...?

kestrou

Kevin was asked to send it back so that Steve can get it again.
Btw Kevin, what about your custom One?

Well, since the story is "half out", here's the rest...

Yes, Steve wanted the original True Gold back - and how can I tell my hero "no"? :) - so agreed that he would have a guitar made to my specs and we would trade, and I happened to spec a guitar identical to the original True Gold (standard model of same color with solid rosewood neck, etc.).

To make it a little extra special, rather than just sign it Steve said he would "rub some mojo into it" - as the original did the short anniversary tour - so that's actually Tru Gold #2 that's out on tour right now and then he'll pass it to me after the tour.

So, everybody get out to see Purple on this tour and check out True Gold #2! :)

Kevin

Samoht

This is incredible! I'm so glad to hear that both Steve and our resident Steve Morse Guitar Master Collector showed level-headed fairness, and good old common sense.

Last edited:

edhalen

Talk about making me smile! Holy smokes what a GREAT guy! Amazing. Really cool how that turned out! Bravo Steve!

Fontanz

Amazing story! Thanks for telling us, Kevin. I'm happy for you (and a little jealous) to make this very special deal

kestrou

I just saw Deep Purple in Nashville, he played it on one song.

Cool man - any pics? :)

I live in the Midwest but am in Colorado for a week or so, and missing their tour when it swings through there - making a special trip to Vegas in a week to catch them in Laughlin, NV though.

Kevin

Top Bottom