• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Fender74

I recently tried a sterling sting ray at guitar center and liked it a lot a lot simpler than my Steve Morse guitar I was thinking about selling my morse to get it. My question is whats the difference between the American made Sting ray and the Sterling.

TripHazard

Think the USA is probably lighter. It has a different bridge on it, tho still a trem, the locking tuners are slightly different, and the pickups will be different. Not heard them back to back so couldn't comment sound wise. Both Mahogany I believe.
Outside the guitar the USA will have a case with it

Fender74

Thanks for your response I looked at guitar center online and it showed the radius for the sterling was 12" and the usa model was a 10 . The sterling felt real comfortable to me but I don't know if I would like the 10" all my guitars are 12"

TripHazard

If I were you I'd probably give the sterling a go. For 500 dollars you can't go wrong - all reports I've read say it compares well with a high end Mexican Fender. If you go on YouTube Andertons reviewed the sterling Stingray and the Cutlass - might be worth a watch

Stratty316

If I were you I'd probably give the sterling a go. For 500 dollars you can't go wrong - all reports I've read say it compares well with a high end Mexican Fender. If you go on YouTube Andertons reviewed the sterling Stingray and the Cutlass - might be worth a watch

The Sterlings are great guitars for the money. I can't think of anything in that price range that compares quality wise. I do think that if you have the extra cash for the EBMM it is totally worth it though.

Fender74

Thanks for the Replies felllas I appreciate the input I have a G&L strat that I don't play much maybe I'll sell that and a tele and get the sting ray and keep the morse decisions decisions

TripHazard

No worries man. Gotta admit I'd be loath to let a morse go. How do you find the G&L? Always fancied one for the collection

Fender74

The G&L is a nice guitar I changed the pick ups its the fist time I ever changed pick ups and took out the passive treble bass feature I couldn't wrap my head around it. The guitar always sounded overly brite. I don't play it as much since I got my Morse

Top Bottom