• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jcidulka

When did Stingray Special 4 stringers change their nut width from 1 5/8” to 1 11/16”?

Can find this info anywhere. Most for sale are 1 5/8. But I am seeing a few 1 11/16. And the EBMM site states 1 11/16.

Thx.

Billy Tennessee

Interesting, I had no idea a change was made. I'm curious to know more if anyone has information.

Last edited:

Golem

Seems you are comparing coarse measurements by private sellers to the EBMM factory spec. My (possibly incorrect) belief is that no change ever occurred.

Last edited:

jcidulka

Seems you are comparing coarse measurements by private sellers to the EBMM factory spec. My (possibly incorrect) belief is that no change ever occurred.

EBMM site says 1 11/16.

Sweetwater reports 1 5/8 for some, and 1 11/16 for others.

Same model: Stingray Special

Golem

EBMM site says 1 11/16.

Sweetwater reports 1 5/8 for some, and 1 11/16 for others.

Same model: Stingray Special

Are you supposing that the very same person at Sweetwater always does the measuring ? Clearly Sweetwater is measuring instruments cuz if they were simply reporting EBMM factory specs then they wouldn’t be reporting two different widths, would they.

I’d go with the EBMM spec unless and until one of their staff posts to this site that a change ever occurred. This IS their site.

jcidulka

Are you supposing that the very same person at Sweetwater always does the measuring ? Clearly Sweetwater is measuring instruments cuz if they were simply reporting EBMM factory specs then they wouldn’t be reporting two different widths, would they.

I’d go with the EBMM spec unless and until one of their staff posts to this site that a change ever occurred. This IS their site.

I agree.

Guitar Center and Musicians Friend also state 1 5/8. At some point, bad data went out.

Top Bottom