• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

BUC

Beauty of an axe!

I have to agree with the OP that Deep Purple's latest records are some of their best. Infinite IMHO is one of their best in ages. It's been in heavy rotation with me.

kestrou

Thank you all for the kind words! As a complete addict, there is now a standard Morse PDN Starry Night incoming. The Y2D was just too good...

I have a "matched pair" of Y2D and Standard Morses in Starry Night too - you *won't* be disappointed! :)

Kevin

banjoplayer

well... at first: huge congratulations to this guitar! I´ve seen Starry Nights in person and I can imagine how beautiful yours is!!

Then - some unsorted thoughts that came to mind when reading your post(s):

I´m a huge DP fan too. Did you listen to "Purpendicular"? You didn´t mention it. It´s one of the best records from them by far. Most of the DP-members say this too. After Morse joined DP they seemed to have a great time.

Now What?! and Infinite are also milestones.

Flying Colours are superb.

My own Morse seems to feel the same as yours or beej´s: my best guitar. The others (especially the AL and the reflex) are great but I always come back to my Morse, except I need a guitar that does a Strat Sound for example. It´s playability is unmatched. And I have the impression that it got more resonant after 10 years of playing it.

NorM

I am in awe of your new guitar. All I could say is I missed that one. I'm still sad I missed the neptune blue. but that's my fault

My friend Kieth is spot on about Flying Colors

Just totally professional and amazing. Along with Morse, LaRue and that drummer are a joy to listen to on that album.

FantasyMetal

Nice!! Can't wait for pics!

It's coming today but pics will have to wait until this weekend, unfortunately...

Beauty of an axe!

I have to agree with the OP that Deep Purple's latest records are some of their best. Infinite IMHO is one of their best in ages. It's been in heavy rotation with me.

Infinite is great, but I haven't warmed up to it as much as Now What?!

well... at first: huge congratulations to this guitar! I´ve seen Starry Nights in person and I can imagine how beautiful yours is!!

Then - some unsorted thoughts that came to mind when reading your post(s):

I´m a huge DP fan too. Did you listen to "Purpendicular"? You didn´t mention it. It´s one of the best records from them by far. Most of the DP-members say this too. After Morse joined DP they seemed to have a great time.

Now What?! and Infinite are also milestones.

Flying Colours are superb.

My own Morse seems to feel the same as yours or beej´s: my best guitar. The others (especially the AL and the reflex) are great but I always come back to my Morse, except I need a guitar that does a Strat Sound for example. It´s playability is unmatched. And I have the impression that it got more resonant after 10 years of playing it.

I actually just scrounged up a copy of Purpendicular last week and I do like it. I think Steve's tone is actually better on that album than on the newer ones, or perhaps his playing was just more emotive (I guess he had something to prove). I'm trying to get a copy of Abandon and Bananas but no luck so far.

Oh no you didn't! :)

I'm going to have to take a similar picture now!

I am in awe of your new guitar. All I could say is I missed that one. I'm still sad I missed the neptune blue. but that's my fault

My friend Kieth is spot on about Flying Colors

Just totally professional and amazing. Along with Morse, LaRue and that drummer are a joy to listen to on that album.

My only personal qualm with Flying Colors is the singing. I get what they are going for, it's just not my style. Nonetheless, excellent music and flawless musicianship!

vuduhwy

Wow! I've owned 2 Y2D's and just couldn't bond with them. They were nice guitars but one of my gripes was that I dind't like how the clear picguard ironically detracted from it's looks...........NOT the case with yours. That thing is beautiful!!!!

Magic Jason

What a sweet guitar! I love it! The Starry Night run was just fantastic!

As time goes by, I realize I much prefered the "yearly PDN" than the "monthly BFR".

Everybody had a chance to order their own favourite model in a unique finish...

Anyway, congrats!

mischi_miyagi

The sound on pupendicular is probably different as Steve used Peavy 5150 as far as I remember. Nevertheless, I think this album is one of most diverse albums of DP.
Cheers, Michael

Top Bottom