• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

tbonesullivan

Well, just saw this on instagram. It's got the classic bridge with mutes, comes in both long and short scale, as well as active and passive. Limited to 50 of each configuration.

That ramp is pretty sweet. It's pretty much a dummy pickup that can be adjusted in all for corners.

byoung

Those are great! I really want the natural, fullscale, passive one but having just ordered a Darkray not sure i will scrape the coin together before they sell out. Too bad they are limited to only 50 each. Great job on these though!

tbonesullivan

Those are great! I really want the natural, fullscale, passive one but having just ordered a Darkray not sure i will scrape the coin together before they sell out. Too bad they are limited to only 50 each. Great job on these though!
I'm not a huge fan of passive, having become addicted, but the ramp and the mutes are awesome. I honestly wish that they would have those as an option. The video really explains how useful the mutes are for people who play bass with a lot of over drive. They really do help keep a lot of extra noise out of your sound.

sjhiker

It seems like Tim's bass has a maple fretboard. Why did EB go with a rosewood fretboard? tim-commerford-of-prophets-of-rage-performs-at-shoreline-amphitheatre-picture-id605488220.jpg

drTStingray

I’ve ordered one (long scale, natural ash, black hardware, ebony board, passive). I’m really looking forward to it - I was actually about to order a Crescendo Bongo but then this popped up and I couldn’t resist. However I keep looking at that sparkle white Bongo with gold hardware and - well you know - the Bongo mind Ray is occurring…….:rolleyes::eek: it’s quite the most beautiful Bongo bass I’ve ever seen!!

sjhiker

The Active basses have maple fretboards. The Passive ones have Rosewood. Pretty sure that it was Commerford who wanted them that way.

My personal theory is that the full scale/length Maple fretboard with natural body is still unique to *him*.

Top Bottom