• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

martin mäder

hi , i just noticed that the tip of my guitarcable broke and is stuck in my jp15 mono input . is there any possibility to replace the whole input module (1 mono input. 2 stereo input.)
it's impossible to get that piece out of it.any help is much apreciated and thx in advance.

Sweat

Hi yes should be able to pull it out, if replacments needed contact Music Man , and it is an output jack :)

tbonesullivan

if the tip has the same diameter like the socket, how should i get it out with tweezers ????

Oh jeeez. Never had that happen! What brand of cable and what brand of end jack was it?

With many 1/4 plugs, the tip is part of a piece of metal that goes the full length of the plug, so that would be able to be grabbed by a forceps / small pliers.

Fusionman

You can get the out put jacks from EB but my tech tells me they are directly soldered to a preamp board and difficult to replace. Not sure if it’s true but take the gtr to a tech as he might have a small enough tool to get the job done.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
You can get the out put jacks from EB but my tech tells me they are directly soldered to a preamp board and difficult to replace. Not sure if it’s true but take the gtr to a tech as he might have a small enough tool to get the job done.
No good tech should have difficulty replacing a large component on the circuit board. And yes, good tech may be able to get the piece out too.

V_S

Have u tried screwing a wood screw into the tip and pull it?

Top Bottom