• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Rikseven

Yes, I intended to replace the whole thing. I got the new one today and I found a huge scratch on the surface of the tremolo. I went mad and I sent it back to the music store immediately. So the original tremolo stayed in.

I entirely agree with you about the machine heads. I just wanted to hear somebdy else's opinions. I think I won't replace them. THX.

banjoplayer

Yes, I intended to replace the whole thing. I got the new one today and I found a huge scratch on the surface of the tremolo. I went mad and I sent it back to the music store immediately. So the original tremolo stayed in.
sorry for hearing about the mess - but interesting: is it possible to order a replacement by EBMM or is there an aftermarket thing that fits?

Rikseven

It is possible to order every part of your guitar from EBMM. You can even replace your whole instrument part by part. Only have to do is to give the serial number of your guitar.

beej

It is possible to order every part of your guitar from EBMM. You can even replace your whole instrument part by part. Only have to do is to give the serial number of your guitar.
This isn't exactly true. If you want to order proprietary parts (necks, bodies, electronics, etc.) you have to send in the original parts first, then purchase the replacement, so there aren't spare parts floating around on the market.

As well for older guitars, some parts aren't available (i.e. some EVH parts, 6-bolt necks, etc.). Since the Sub hasn't been produced for a while, that likely includes some of its parts too.

Rikseven

This isn't exactly true. If you want to order proprietary parts (necks, bodies, electronics, etc.) you have to send in the original parts first, then purchase the replacement, so there aren't spare parts floating around on the market.

This isn't exactly true in my case. :) I didn't have to send back the original part.

GrooveMerchant

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm proudly presenting my MusicMan Sub1 Special guitar. :D

View attachment 31949 View attachment 31950

This looks great.
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm considering a similar change for the neck on my Sub1 while I have time off work.
I'm wondering how you removed and reattached the sticker with the serial number.
I was considering leaving the back of the headstock black cuz I don't want to destroy the serial number.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

banjoplayer

IMG_5045.jpg IMG_5094.JPG

as I mentioned earlier here my SUB1 neck is untouched but my mate owns a SUB1 bass. We removed the finish in 2011. He used a razorblade to lift off the sticker and it was still sticky enough to stick on the unfinished neck since 2011

Top Bottom