• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Michael Allcock

Hi strummers,

I just tried Ernie Ball Super Slinky strings for the first time. (9-42) Frankly, I'm not impressed. The high E string snapped the first instant I brought it up to tune. The ball popped right off. Is this common? Do Ernie Ball stand behind their products? I usually stick to D'Addario brand, they have served me very well through the years. Never had this issue with them. But my suppler was out and I needed a set for a gig tonight. I realize that sometimes these things happen. But, it's kinda put me in a bind tonight. That'll teach me to not stock up.

~Mike

TNT

Never ever had a single defective Ernie Ball string (decades of playing). Never heard of a defective Ernie Ball string from hundreds of fellow musicians.

I guess it's a possibility - perhaps you should play the lottery.

Best thing to do is just go back to the dealer, he'll give you another pack I'm sure - it won't happen again.

Michael Allcock

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably give them another try. I generally don't let 1 bad experience ruin my opinion of things. As the saying goes, "crap happens". A lot of people swear by the brand. But, I'd be lying if I said I'm not nervous to trust them in a pinch again though. As for going back to my dealer, that's a non-issue. I needed the strings so I just popped a D'Addario 1st string on and went with it. I can feel the difference between the two string sets though. The Slinkies are, indeed, slinkier. A nice feature to have for my Les Paul. Would make bending easier.

~Mike

Never ever had a single defective Ernie Ball string (decades of playing). Never heard of a defective Ernie Ball string from hundreds of fellow musicians.

I guess it's a possibility - perhaps you should play the lottery.

Best thing to do is just go back to the dealer, he'll give you another pack I'm sure - it won't happen again.

JayDawg

Call Ernie Ball customer service. They have awesome customer service and are great people to deal with if you have an issue. Their number is 866-823-2255. I would also like to add that I have never had an issue with any of their strings either. I actually switched over to them from D' Addario because I was starting to have issues with them.

steevo

Call Ernie Ball customer service. They have awesome customer service and are great people to deal with if you have an issue. Their number is 866-823-2255. I would also like to add that I have never had an issue with any of their strings either. I actually switched over to them from D' Addario because I was starting to have issues with them.

Same here mate

Top Bottom