john myung owns
jordan rudess owns
john petrucci owns
mike portnoy owns
i grew liking james labrie
dream theater = historic band
will be as big as pink floyd one day

dep

now... let's go make a new instructional video with JM teaches and with B6 as his official gear. this is a mutual move. either for JM -enlarging his popularity- or EBMM -as a great promo. or maybe BP already have this idea in his thought. JM's video has been classic afterall. that 'progressive bass concept' video needs renewal. it's been 12 years since that first and only video...

the unrepentant

Grats BP! you make some amazing basses and i'm not surprised myung loves the bongo 6 so much! He's an awesome bassist, and an awesome bassist needs an awesome bass!

john myung owns
jordan rudess owns
john petrucci owns
mike portnoy owns
i grew liking james labrie
dream theater = historic band
will be as big as pink floyd one day
+1 definately, though i always liked james labrie :D

EDIT: didn't realise this was a year old! ah well :p

Last edited:

DaPatrooch

Grats BP! you make some amazing basses and i'm not surprised myung loves the bongo 6 so much! He's an awesome bassist, and an awesome bassist needs an awesome bass!

+1 definately, though i always liked james labrie :D

EDIT: didn't realise this was a year old! ah well :p

Yeah, James is amazing! Each member of DT is one of the best at their respective instruments, and John Petrucci is my all-time favorite guitar player.

the unrepentant

Definately, it's amazing how good they are at they're istruments, even if you don't like them, you have to admit there's amazing amounts of skill involved in their songs, not just technically, but compsitionally too, it takes a lot to try and play one of their songs, so god knows how they write them! i could never write anything even close to half as good.

I'm rather gutted though because i passed up the chance to see them at download last year and saw maiden instead. Didn't get into them until a couple of months after download and now i'm really regretting not seeing them, and they hardly ever play in england!

RocketRalf

Now that this thread has been resurrected, I think we should get a video feature of Myung talking about the Bongo! Is it too much to ask? If I can't remember John's voice this time, maybe we can finally enjoy a righteous tone of him unaccompanied! :D

RobertB

Now that this thread has been resurrected, I think we should get a video feature of Myung talking about the Bongo! Is it too much to ask? If I can't remember John's voice this time, maybe we can finally enjoy a righteous tone of him unaccompanied! :D

I wasn't around for this thread's incarnation. I had seen the photos of JM at the factory, though. So anyway, let me add my congratulations to BP/EBMM. It really is remarkable to get a response like that from a prospective endorsed artist with no design input from them, etc. I gotta say, though ... I'm not too surprised, because we are after all talking about the Bongo.

I liken my first time playing a Bongo, to my first time eating Indian food. The first time I took a bite, I was like "hold on a minute, here, are you serious?? This is different ... and it's GOOD!". Then it just got even better the next few times, and before long, I was craving it every day.

And right now, my fixation is whether or not they'll be available in Silver. :)

the unrepentant

I probably won't be able to afford one in the forseeable future, but that inca silver has me mesmerised! i hope it's made available, i can see a lot of them being sold!

INMT

I probably won't be able to afford one in the forseeable future, but that inca silver has me mesmerised! i hope it's made available, i can see a lot of them being sold!

The Silver was my color choice for a B6 until I found they are not available. If that color is offered I will use it as an excuse to buy another one.

Top Bottom