• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Fuzzy Dustmite

Zinged by the mastah! :D
Ya got me there, BP! I don't really have anything against DT, in fact, while at Berklee I got to see their amazing keys player do a show with Rod Morgenstern (drummer of the Dixie Dregs) and I was blown away.
I guess you might call it Progressive Southern Rock Jazz Fusion!
So anyways, I'll def. give DT another chance, if for nothing else, just to see what kind of acrobatics Mr. Myung pulls on the big 6. :cool:

See, I like to think of Rod as the drummer of Winger :D

steve21

Saw him live playing both of his Bongo 6's.

Not only the best bass I've ever heard being played, but I... HEARD IT BEING PLAYED!

He sounds beautiful. The Bongo 6 is on my list. Just amazing. BP, you did it.

ngutenson

lolmyungqk8.jpg

petruccirocks02

Holy crap, I almost wet my pants when I saw the above pic. LOL. Thats great. LOL. On a serious note, I'm so glad that JM is playing the Bongo's now. I can't wait to hear and see the Bongo 6 on the 24th in Holmdel, NJ. I'm really hoping they play Blind Faith or ITPOE. Either way it'll be a slammin show. Anyone else from the PA/NJ area going?

-Phil

dannoman

I saw this bass in action on thursday night... The bass and the player were both unreal... Been a fanboy of Myung for a very long time......

So is no pg gonna be a option??? i love the looks of the HH with no pg...

steve21

No PG isn't an option, as far as I know, but if you want you can always take it off and fill the holes with the screws. Depending on the color you get it can even look pretty cool like that.

Jazzbassman23

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I just DVR'd a Dream Theater concert that's been playing on VH1?, and all I can say is that Myung is f***ing great! The show was from 2006 so he's still playing his other 6'er, but he still sounded amazing. Jeez, I can only imagine how he's sounding with the Bongo and other EB axes. Oh yeah, who's the guy playing the Petrucci guitar? He's not bad.

PeteDuBaldo

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I just DVR'd a Dream Theater concert that's been playing on VH1?, and all I can say is that Myung is f***ing great! The show was from 2006 so he's still playing his other 6'er, but he still sounded amazing. Jeez, I can only imagine how he's sounding with the Bongo and other EB axes. Oh yeah, who's the guy playing the Petrucci guitar? He's not bad.

That made me laugh, good one :D

Ekim

+1. And I find it's the same in DT recordings.
JM has no more reasons why being buried in the mix now ;)

I'll give you two reasons:
JP's guitar
MP's drums

When I saw them in Cincinnati on the Queensryche/DT/Fates Warning tour, my friend said he heard MP's drum stand make noise when he sat down THROUGH THE DRUM MICs!

That's how loud MP's drums are.

oli@bass

This bass looks so freakin cool......

_DSC0723.jpg

Yeah, but judging from John's suspicious gaze, there's one or two strings too many on that thing... ;)

Joking aside, I'm looking forward to finally hear what John's playing live! It always looked cool, but it must be amazing when the sound makes it through all the "noise".

Top Bottom