• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

nurnay

Wrong.... this ray is from the late 80's. Check out the trus rod and the bridge. Back then there was no colour called coral red. So this is propably just red, but i'm not sure about that. You dont see manny of these older ones in red...

Doh, missed an easy one with the truss rod.

kivi

Wrong.... this ray is from the late 80's. Check out the trus rod and the bridge. Back then there was no colour called coral red. So this is propably just red, but i'm not sure about that. You dont see manny of these older ones in red...

Was there even colour "red"? I checked 1989 catalog and there was only trans red..?

sanderhermans

Was there even colour "red"? I checked 1989 catalog and there was only trans red..?
Ive only ever seen trans red too. So this might be a respray. Might wanna check the neck pocket. But my knowledge about vintage ebmms is limited so im not sure....

Lynottfan

There certainly is a "red" as I own one, yes they are a bit few and far between, but red is out there.

Old Horse

Hi there

I wonder if anyone is able to shed some light on the colour of my recently acquired '88 Stingray.

The neck pocket simply has "red" written in it, but I wasn't sure whether the actual colour name is a bit more descriptive than just "red" :)

Thanks for your help

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

liverbird

I have yet to see an early EBMM that was just stamped RED. From around 1987 or 1988, the Trans Reds I've seen usually have a stamp that reads REDT. (Earlier ones have no stamp indicating the colour.) It's difficult to tell from the pic, but can you see wood grain through the finish? If not, it's an opaque colour.

Your best bet is posting the serial number here:

http://forums.ernieball.com/music-man-basses/1254-music-man-serial-number-database-677.html

Someone from Customer Service will be along with the info.

Last edited:

nurnay

Morphgarth

Hi guys I've just picked up another Stingray, a 4H 3EQ from 2014 in white. It came from the bass player of The Marmozets who supported Muse last year.

Apart from a good clean it needs some dings repaired. It's a slightly off white, solid though, not pearlescent etc. Can anyone advise on how to get the best colour match please?

Paul

engage757

Hey all, trying to find the four string version of this. The guy selling it called it "Stealth Gold", and I was told "Kandy Pagan Gold", but can't find anything like it!

IMG_3704.jpg

stu42

That looks like True Gold to me but with black hardware from a stealth model. Do you have the serial number of that one? If so you can call customer service and give them the serial # and they can tell you all about it.

engage757

That looks like True Gold to me but with black hardware from a stealth model. Do you have the serial number of that one? If so you can call customer service and give them the serial # and they can tell you all about it.

THanks man, Yeah I JUST got in touch with the previous owner. It is exactly what you say it is!

stu42

Cool. Well...it's nice to know I'm right at least once a year! :) The downside to that is it's kind of a one-off home-grown mod so, it'll take some digging to find a 4-string True Gold firstly, but then you'd have to find another 4-string stealth model and marry their parts together. Or possibly find a shop that can convert the nickle-silver finish to matte black.

Anyway...all the best in your search.

engage757

Cool. Well...it's nice to know I'm right at least once a year! :) The downside to that is it's kind of a one-off home-grown mod so, it'll take some digging to find a 4-string True Gold firstly, but then you'd have to find another 4-string stealth model and marry their parts together. Or possibly find a shop that can convert the nickle-silver finish to matte black.

Anyway...all the best in your search.

Thanks man! I haven't found a single True gold 4H yet. :( I'll keep looking though! One day!

Calgary eh? Banff is my dreamplace to live! Another "One Day" there too, but if you ever see a guy playing a True Gold 4H with stealth hardware in your neck of the woods, say hi, hopefully it will be me. :D

AndyRage

Need any pics of Orange Firemist?

I have a 2009 BFR Bongo in Orange Firemist. I believe it is different then Lava Pearl or Tangerine Pearl. I have some decent pictures of you want/need them to catalog that color.

Spoonie

Is there any way of knowing which year’s certain colours were offered? I have a translucent purple stingray I bought new in 2001 and a trans teal I picked up second hand this year which was listed as 2005 but I’m keen to know the years during which those colours were offered. I’ve posted for the info on the serial numbers thread but is there a list of each colour and the years it was offered anywhere? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rod Trussbroken

Is there any way of knowing which year’s certain colours were offered? I have a translucent purple stingray I bought new in 2001 and a trans teal I picked up second hand this year which was listed as 2005 but I’m keen to know the years during which those colours were offered. I’ve posted for the info on the serial numbers thread but is there a list of each colour and the years it was offered anywhere? Thank you! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes there are threads about new and discontinued colours. There's a search button at the top of the page. EB catalogues are also useful.

Trans Teal: circa 1985 to 2009.

Trans Purple: circa 2000 to 2001. Rare. I have a note from an old thread where less than 50 Sting Rays were finished in this colour.

Top Bottom