• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bellaswail

Congratulations!! Out of curiosity, let me know how you found the Polar Noir finish.

Absolutely, will do. I’m starting to think the year may be a 2018, as the non-sale price matched up with the 2018 models. Do you know if there is a way I can check the year without a serial? Musician’s Friend does not provide the serial number on the page as some sites do. Thanks

Edit: I also asked the sales rep on chat and she could not confirm the year

Last edited:

johnnyboogie

If it comes with matte black hardware it's probably built in 2017-2018. But you will soon find out once it gets there. Just post the serial number on the sticky thread and they will get back to you. Happy times!!

bellaswail

If it comes with matte black hardware it's probably built in 2017-2018. But you will soon find out once it gets there. Just post the serial number on the sticky thread and they will get back to you. Happy times!!

Great, thanks! I am going back and forth in my head, considering grabbing the purple Monarchy for $2200 instead. Seems like an amazing deal, and I love the purple. Such a tough choice!

johnnyboogie

Great, thanks! I am going back and forth in my head, considering grabbing the purple Monarchy for $2200 instead. Seems like an amazing deal, and I love the purple. Such a tough choice!

I agree. I didn't want to tell you earlier but I found the Polar Noir to be one of the most indifferent finishes I have ever seen on a JP. I had it refinished to an epic Ferrari Red. You can only appreciate it once you see it in person. In the photos it looks like a matte black finish but it really isn't. In any case, you may love it. Who knows? But I think you will eventually go for the Majestic Purple Monarch.

bellaswail

I agree. I didn't want to tell you earlier but I found the Polar Noir to be one of the most indifferent finishes I have ever seen on a JP. I had it refinished to an epic Ferrari Red. You can only appreciate it once you see it in person. In the photos it looks like a matte black finish but it really isn't. In any case, you may love it. Who knows? But I think you will eventually go for the Majestic Purple Monarch.

Great, thanks for the honesty. Definitely helps me to finalize my decision. I agree about the Polar Noir - granted I haven't seen it in person, but even in the photos I'm not crazy about it.

The only thing I'm a bit worried about is the resale for the Purple one. Since Purple is a generally a more "out there" color for a guitar, I'm a little worried it would be hard to sell, should I ever decide to upgrade. Maybe I'm just overthinking it though! Do you happen to know if the purple is a popular color?

johnnyboogie

To be honest, I don't think you will ever want to part ways with the purple Monarch.

However, I am under the impression that the purple Monarch was one of the most sought out Monarchs.

I honestly believe you will be blown away with the Majestic Purple. Very impressive guitar for my tastes.

bellaswail

To be honest, I don't think you will ever want to part ways with the purple Monarch.

However, I am under the impression that the purple Monarch was one of the most sought out Monarchs.

I honestly believe you will be blown away with the Majestic Purple. Very impressive guitar for my tastes.

Perfect, thanks again. May just have to go with it

MrJJoncas

Hey Johnny ! Can you post a few pictures of your Majesty in Ferrari Russo ?

katsumura78

Dude 2,200 is a solid deal do it! I love my Monarchy 7.

bellaswail

Dude 2,200 is a solid deal do it! I love my Monarchy 7.

Yes I went for it! :)

So excited. I think it should be here by Tuesday or so.

I haven't been in the market long for a Majesty, so I just figured that they jacked the original price up ($3299) to make it seem like a huge savings. But the guitar is still $3299 on every other major site, so it started to sink in that this might just be a great deal. Unless the other sites will all be following suit?

And at the perfect time too. I ALMOST pulled the trigger on a Glacial White (which I still prefer color wise, but I do absolutely love the purple) for $2850 just a few days ago. I am so glad I waited.

johnnyboogie

Apologies for the delay Mr. JJoncas!! I totally forgot =D

I cannot precisely capture the colour unfortunately. I think it's the daylight that makes it look brighter. It's very deep red in person. The spots that the white light does not fall directly on the guitar depict the finish better that the rest of the surface.

Attachments

• IMG_20190423_133836.jpg
    IMG_20190423_133836.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_20190423_133852.jpg
    IMG_20190423_133852.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20190423_133924.jpg
    IMG_20190423_133924.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 201

MrJJoncas

Apologies for the delay Mr. JJoncas!! I totally forgot =D

I cannot precisely capture the colour unfortunately. I think it's the daylight that makes it look brighter. It's very deep red in person. The spots that the white light does not fall directly on the guitar depict the finish better that the rest of the surface.

Wow ! That is sexy ! Thanks for the pictures !

Top Bottom