• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

kingdoublecut

2006, Egyptian Smoke HSH. Non-stock pups (DP201 Al DeMeola - neck/FS-1 - mid/DP-200 Steve Morse - bridge). Graphtech saddles (to be replaced with Highwood Vintage). Says, and looks to be in excellent condition (posted 15 HD photos). should be here by Sat. Also just received a Sterling Silo3 SUB in very good condition with Hipshot locking tuners and a Fender gig bag for $200. Will dissect it tomorrow to determine what upgrades to make. 2006 Silo_2.jpg

GWDavis28

2006, Egyptian Smoke HSH. Non-stock pups (DP201 Al DeMeola - neck/FS-1 - mid/DP-200 Steve Morse - bridge). Graphtech saddles (to be replaced with Highwood Vintage). Says, and looks to be in excellent condition (posted 15 HD photos). should be here by Sat. Also just received a Sterling Silo3 SUB in very good condition with Hipshot locking tuners and a Fender gig bag for $200. Will dissect it tomorrow to determine what upgrades to make.
attachment.php

Congrats, Glenn |B)

GWDavis28

attachment.php

My old Autumn Red Burst Silo Special. Why did I sell it?

We all do silly things sometimes. Sorry man just keep an eye out, or try contact whomever you sold it to, see if they are still happy with it, you never know.

Glenn |B)

brion

Glenn,
Thanks for the inspiration. I just came back into the fold with a 2001 SS in Blue Pearl and rosewood board, I’m loving it, but need to take some pics for this thread. Now I’m Gassing for an AL SSS Trem...it never ends.

GWDavis28

Glenn,
Thanks for the inspiration. I just came back into the fold with a 2001 SS in Blue Pearl and rosewood board, I’m loving it, but need to take some pics for this thread. Now I’m Gassing for an AL SSS Trem...it never ends.

NP can't wait to see it!!! Yah the AL in my opinion is a must have. I love both the Silo Specials and the AL's, though I'd recommend the MM90's if you can score one, my favorite pickups by far.

Glenn |B)

brion

Glenn,
I asked in the AL Picture thread for a comparison between the Silo and AL neck profiles, but haven’t had any feed back yet. I played a couple of ALs at a GC many years ago, but just cannot recall much except they were bigger than the Luke that I tried at the same time. I also recall the sales dude remarked how small the AL looked on my 6'4” profile LOL. Can you shed any light on the neck profile as compared to the Silo?

As far as the MM90 AL, I have a love hate relationship with P90 pickups. I have had several P90 equipped guitars, currently have a PRS soap bar and a Hamer Newport that has Phat Cat Pickups (P90 in a Humbucker size). I dig the Newport, but it has a lot going on as a hollow body carved from a block of mahogany with a spruce top and a Bigsby in a groovy orange sparkle finish. It is a keeper. The PRS will eventually go bye bye. I would definitely have to put an MM90 AL through its paces before I committed to buy one, but I’d be very comfortable buying an SSS model sight unseen...
Thank you,
Brion

Last edited:

GWDavis28

Glenn,
I asked in the AL Picture thread for a comparison between the Silo and AL neck profiles, but haven’t had any feed back yet. I played a couple of ALs at a GC many years ago, but just cannot recall much except they were bigger than the Luke that I tried at the same time. I also recall the sales dude remarked how small the AL looked on my 6'4” profile LOL. Can you shed any light on the neck profile as compared to the Silo?

As far as the MM90 AL, I have a love hate relationship with P90 pickups. I have had several P90 equipped guitars, currently have a PRS soap bar and a Hamer Newport that has Phat Cat Pickups (P90 in a Humbucker size). I dig the Newport, but it has a lot going on as a hollow body carved from a block of mahogany with a spruce top and a Bigsby in a groovy orange sparkle finish. It is a keeper. The PRS will eventually go bye bye. I would definitely have to put an MM90 AL through its paces before I committed to buy one, but I’d be very comfortable buying an SSS model sight unseen...
Thank you,
Brion

Hey Brion, I'd love too give you a comparison, but to me there isn't much difference, I'm a pretty bad (can barely play) player. I wish I could be of more help, I'm sure there are others here who might be able to help you out.

I hear you on the P90's (MM90's) you either love them or hate them from what I hear, I myself love em, but that's me. The SSS model is the model that AL himself seems to play the most, so it's gotta be good.

Good luck, Glenn |B)

Last edited:

brion

Thank you Glenn. I’m thinking that the neck profile is similar as Al did play a silhouette before the AL model was conceived. I just sold an amp so I’m closer to grabbing an AL. Once the amp makes it to its new home I’ll pursue an AL, I have my eye on one.

Pink

Hi all,
Posted this one yesterday in the "official thread", but found this thread.
It's an '03 I bought earlier this year. Had some signs of use on the original black finish, so I sent it off to MJT for refinishing in Olympic White. Repro pickguard and single bridge pickup; volume and tone. No fancy stuff like push/pull or 3-way switching. Currently has an Area 61 which I prefer over the Chopper.

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 88

mr mojo

There you go ! Here's my red "gold roller". The colour is really hard to capture ...
In person it looks much better ;)

IMG-20190403-WA0002.jpg 20180921_140941.jpg

GWDavis28

There you go ! Here's my red "gold roller". The colour is really hard to capture ...
In person it looks much better ;)

attachment.php

Looks like it's part of the Cardinal red run, very nice. We don't get too many gold rollers.

Glenn |B)

mr mojo

Yes, it is Cardinal Red Sparkle. It might be the only "Gold Roller" in that colour.

GWDavis28

Yes, it is Cardinal Red Sparkle. It might be the only "Gold Roller" in that colour.

That super awesome and if it is your pretty lucky. Always liked the looks of the gold roller, just not a gold fan myself. I was on the fence a while ago about getting the Black Sugar one.

v0nluh8jsoiswuexfx1f.jpg

Glenn |B)

Last edited:
Top Bottom