• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well "Big Poppa", when you were born you certainly got your full complete share of arrogance didn't you.

Just read the post by "Dave" and your response.

Let's recap, shall we:

1. Dave has a buzzing problem so he takes his guitar to a local tech.

2. The tech explains to him that the problem is caused by a faulty truss rod. Apparently it wasn't installed correctly from the get go.

3. Ernie Ball wants to charge him $400 to fix it plus shipping there and back.

4. And then along comes "Big Poppa" to declare that the Canadian tech doesn't know sh*t and that it's impossible for the truss rod to be improperly installed at the factory.

Gee "Big Poppa", no wonder you come crashing down hard on anybody with a customer service problem.

Come clean with us now "Big Poppa". You're not really concerned with "cluttering up the message board" with customer service complaints. What you're concerned with is running a CENSORED message board and presenting a false image to the world that Ernie Ball guitars are all perfect and that there are no customer service problems at all!

You are one incredibly arrogant S.O.B.

And now I'll close by letting you know that up until I read some of your nasty little fascist posts I was about to purchase a JP BFR as soon as TOMORROW and also purchase a JP6 from one of your board members (who, I discover, is trying to pawn off his buzzing guitar (what a coincidence, huh?) to some unsuspecting member of this board who hasn't yet read the post where he complains that he doesn't really want to pay shipping to get it fixed "for free").

Unless he shipped it to you and you fixed it and shipped it back to him all in the last 10 days, then he is attempting to dump his Pearl Red Burst 2007 JP6 off on the nearest unsuspecting customer USING THIS VERY BOARD.

What a terrific place you have here.

Ernie Ball guitars may be great (well, at least the ones you manage to build right) but your customer service and your message board sure as hell isn't.

Bye now "Big Poppa".

Enjoy your little pond. That tin badge your wearing looks real spiffy.

What a joke.

Big Poppa

Elvis

If the scenario happened like yousaid ...you would be right. I would be totally wrong. But for some reason you left out the big facts....did you read the thread here or did you read a selective recreation elsewhere?

thank goodness that there is a record of the posts and threads. Lets be a little fair...in your scenario you failed to mention the 3+ year old guitar....you never mentioned that he did not like being charged including freight to canada $400.00 to make things right on a USED guitar.....He announced a boycott before I could possibly try to make him happy. Sorry to inform you but anything is possible but seriously we have not had one complaint regarding trussrods in the wrong place that suddenly appeared after over 3 years.....

If the truss rod was broken and the guitar was unplayable why did he buy it? It wasnt a new guitar he had a choice.

If defending your company and its team members is wearing a badge and being arrogant then guilty as charged. The sad part is that if he had presented his issue in a civil manner I would have made him happy. If you dont believe that then there are a bunch of people who do.

I dont want to censor this board and your thread will stay up. I ask two things from people that post here....that they dont pm me and that they contact customer service with issues first. If thats too much for you then we arent a good fit and I wont stoop to your level and name call. Lifes is too short.

THis is why Bob Taylor and Paul Smith stopped participating on their forums.

Last edited:

stevehuff1969

Just to chime in..I'm pretty new to EB guitars, this forum and, well, guitars in general. One thing I do know is why BP does not want this forum plastered with people writing about problems when that is a customer service issue, and from what I understand EB Customer Service is fantastic. This forum is a place for those who enjoy MusicMan guitars. To talk about them, show pics, and discus the various models and our love for them. EB quality is outstanding and I have bought a JP6 and a KOA Axis and both are PERFECT unlike the Gibsons I have bought. If I ever do have an issue with them I will contact Customer Service, not come here to complain or nag about it. That would make for an unpleasant forum, and as it is now, this forum is one of the most pleasant I have ever been a member of. If it were filled with people nagging about their issues it would not be the same.

If you have an EB guitar with an issue, call CS!

azzy_wazzy

I don't like threads like this - they make me sad :(

EB Customer Service and these message boards ARE great. There will always be an unhappy minority, but it is definitely the minority.

Big Poppa

Guys and Gals this shouldnt be a jumping on Elvis...obviously Ive rubbed him wrong and his delivery would be fun to watch face to face.....

Really the example he used was really sad......How could we have made the guy happy that started firing bulletts on a used guitar? WOuld you buy a used car that ran poorly and then complain to he dealer and announce a boycott on an international forum because you got charged to repair the car?

whitestrat

Guys and Gals this shouldnt be a jumping on Elvis...obviously Ive rubbed him wrong and his delivery would be fun to watch face to face.....

My only question was, HOW did you rub him wrong when he's only got 5 posts? You mean he had the time spent here for you to do that?:rolleyes:

floyd99

Hmm very interesting!

Personally, I believe purchasing something used is always a risk. And, if it turns out something was wrong, then you go "damn.. i lost out on that one" and take it in stride. Either live with the problem, pay to get it fixed, or sell it to someone else and let them deal with it.

BP's car analogy is good, but a more appropriate analogy would be purchasing a used car privately without using a dealer, then expecting the manufacturer to fix a fault free of charge after the warranty had expired, simply because their local mechanic says "that was never installed right when they built the car". No sane person would expect a manufacturer to do that.

Having said that, i'm sure EB would have come to the party and offered some form of assistance if approached in the right manner - as I seem to get the impression that EB is a customer focused company with pride in their product, and being a smaller manufacturer (as opposed to the Fenders of this world), they can't afford bad publicity. It's clearly the quality of their product and the word of mouth that sells EB guitars - especially here in Australia as you're hard pressed to find any stores that stock them.

I purchased a Line 6 X3 Live and thank god managed to sell it shortly thereafter on ebay.. had I not imported it and lost warranty in doing so, I would have returned it to Line 6 with a big fat "this product is a joke" message.. but, I took a risk and had no leg to stand on (so to speak). I had to just accept it and put it down to an impluse GAS mistake on my part. There was no point raving on about it or abusing anyone - wouldn't have achieved anything. I should have read the forums BEFORE buying it, to find out how many faults and bugs the damned thing had... never would have purchased it in the first place.

koogie2k

Alllllrighty then.

Another attack on Big Poppa for not saving the world yet again. Actually...the post was more entertaining than some I have seen before. Simply put, Elvis, you only stated on a public forum what you:

a) only wanted to say without fact
b) read about this elsewhere and considered it gospel
c) the dude was your buddy with the broke USED guitar and you have to play hero.

Either way...you just happen to be wrong. I must wonder, will you admit that you are wrong with as much gusto as you tried to imply Pops was trying to swindel someone? My guess is....no, you are not man enough.

Now...you are not buying an EBMM product. For what it is worth.....I don't care. Some people who have complaints and state them publicly will tell the world how they were going to "get that guitar TOMORROW" and "another one a week later" which just makes me wear bigger boots for the crap you are spewing.

The only part really that irked me...the SOB comment.
Have you met Big Poppa? My answer is probably no, you haven't. The only SOB here is you and your "used guitar" buddy.

Anywho....get back on the warzone of your keyboard there commander. How about just leave and have a nice day.

Pops....I think I went easy. ;)

Jimmyb

Ok, there's two threads on this one, so by the wonders of copy and paste:

Elvis, I can't really grasp what your problem seems to be here.

You rail against the forum member who is selling a JP, although it appears that you have the wrong fellow.

You also dislike that Sterling defends his company and products against a harsh attack from someone who announced in the first post that he will be boycotting the company and encouraging others to do so because he has a problem with a 3 year old guitar.

I think you might be mistaking arrogance with passion. Sterling is (very rightly) proud of the company that he has created from the shell of Musicman that he took over. Quality control in the pre EBMM days was nowhere near as good as it is now and the transformation has been immense. I think that is a good reason to be proud of the achievements.

As for the truss rod issue, there are a couple of things that strike me as being odd with the statement "it had been installed wrongly".

1) I'm fairly certain that the truss rod groove is cut on the CNC machines (I think they do it at the same time as milling the neck, apologies if this is not the case). Machines do a job very well. They do it over and over, all day long. They don't have a 'bad day' so there is no way that you'd see a 'Friday afternoon' special from a machine. If there had been a fundamental problem with the installation, you'd see hundreds of problems all exactly the same.

2) If it had been faulty from new, surely there would have been the issue when the guitar was new (3 years ago)?

3) Maybe the tech WAS wrong. I'm not an expert in building or repairing guitars, but I have worked in a service industry for a long time. Not every diagnosis from a technician or engineer will be the right one, I've seen problems with security systems where almost the whole system has been changed due to a recurring fault. It turned out to be a battery fault, no-one thought to check it. The point being, that everyone has differing levels of skill and understanding and we all perceive things in a slightly different way.

I don't think that asking for payment for a repair to an out of warranty guitar is in any way unreasonable.

Elvis, I don't know if you've caught some of the other threads on here, but from the time that I've been on the forum, I've seen Sterling pay for many parties and functions for the members of the forum. I've also seen him offer help and advice to people who have had personal problems, basing some of it on his own personal experiences.

This message board isn't censored against customer service issues, but surely it is reasonable to ask people to contact CS before posting a problem? They are not trying to supress CS issues, they are simply trying to have the chance to resolve it before it's blasted everywhere. In the age of the internet, it's very easy to create a rumour from nothing. One person posts that they have a problem with an instrument, someone finds the post 3 years later and posts that they have a problem as well, then someone else chimes in that they have a problem (which may not be the same as the other two) and then the whole thing gathers impetus and it becomes a completely unmanageable problem.

The forum exists for us to talk about the guitars that we love and play and also offers us the chance to have a sneak peek at some of the new items that are developed in SLO. I, for one, am really pleased and grateful that I have the opportunity to get some sort of insight into how it all goes together.

I hope that you stick around, so that you can see that it's really quite a good place to spend some time.

jim1h

I recently bought a 2005 Axis, If i had problems with it in the first instance I would be knocking on the sellers door with a big stick, if no joy there then my nearest EB dealer and I would be expecting to pay for any remedial work. Way of the world where I come from. Needless to say my Axis is awesome I cant put this thing down :)

Trev

Whatever happened to respect?!

BP is boss of one of the biggest instrument makers in the world, is justifiably proud of his team and product and gives us his time and sneak peeks etc here on this forum.

I wouldn't dream of pulling a stunt like this. What a cad, and a bounder (as we say in Blighty)!

robelinda2

Diamond Creek, VIC, Australia- at Rancho Alberto
I cant imagine ever going off my trolley and slagging off the big man on the forum. I felt like a world class moron when I pulled a dodgy last year trying to get a Dargie AL, I didnt think id ever live it down, so bad did I feel about letting the EBMM guys down.

brett8388

Internet muscles. It happens on every forum unfortunately. People say things they would never have the balls to say in person while hiding behind a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom