• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

tonypeps

Bank Z questions

If you're playing something in bank z, then switch to one of the other banks, then switch back, does it remember what bank z position you were playing before or does it reset?

Here's a scenario: Say you're playing something in position 1 of bank A. Then you hit the bank Z switch up a few times so you're now playing in Bank Z position 3. Then you move the 5 way switch taking you to some other position in bank A. If you hit the Bank Z switch up again, what position will you be in?

Thanks,
Tony

bkrumme

If you're playing something in bank z, then switch to one of the other banks, then switch back, does it remember what bank z position you were playing before or does it reset?

Here's a scenario: Say you're playing something in position 1 of bank A. Then you hit the bank Z switch up a few times so you're now playing in Bank Z position 3. Then you move the 5 way switch taking you to some other position in bank A. If you hit the Bank Z switch up again, what position will you be in?

Thanks,
Tony

That's a good question. I'm kinda wondering about this, too.

browndog

Drew, if I chose to do so, you guys can GC my standard Reflex right?

Can you give a cost and I would imagine it has to be done at SLO for warranty purposes.

Thanks

drewbixcubed

Thanks,
Tony

Bank Z is always reset so that when you come from a switch below (lever or bank switch), and you press up on Bank Z you are on preset Z#1.

Keep in mind that Bank Z, when coming default from the factory, is filled with 15 presets to be saved in banks A or B (so that you can get a variety of tones without connecting to the web app). There are single coil/humbucker & series/parallel versions of coil combinations to initially choose from. However, once you have TGC, you can fill Bank Z with 0-15 presets....meaning you do things like load only 1 preset in it....this can act as your "go-to" or "solo" tone. No matter what Bank A/B preset you are on, you can quickly hit the Bank Z up or down (again, filled with only one tone), and instantly rocking your favorite tone!

browndog

Thats too bad but I realize it might be costly at both ends.

If when you start to fit other models with TGC and offer to retrofittable them, you’re going to get more guitars sent back to you then you’re making.

Thanks Drew

brokenvail

Is the piezo strickly programable? What I mean by this is that if I am in position one and I turn the piezo on if I go to any other position will the piezo turn off or will it stay on? Also any idea when more color will be announced? I have an HSH maple neck Game Changer with my name on it and I am holding out to see what other colors you will be selling it in.

drewbixcubed

Is the piezo strickly programable? What I mean by this is that if I am in position one and I turn the piezo on if I go to any other position will the piezo turn off or will it stay on? Also any idea when more color will be announced? I have an HSH maple neck Game Changer with my name on it and I am holding out to see what other colors you will be selling it in.

The piezo pickup can be turned on/off to be combined with (or without) the magnetic pickups. The user will have the ability to save the piezo setting (in addition to just the magnetic pickups) to the 5 way selector switch. As far as it being a global on/off setting, that is TBD.

Future colors will be determined in the future. ;)

millifoo

If I wanted to get some bell-like or twangy single-coil sounds, would the HH be able to do it, or would it be better to order the HSH?

thanks!

Last edited:

drewbixcubed

If I wanted to get some bell-like or twangy single-coil sounds, would the HH be able to do it, or would it be better to order the HSH?

thanks!

You can get pretty much any tone out of both. However, if you want that middle pickup tone, there is only one way to do that (HSH)!

bkrumme

I searched the thread and didn't see if this was asked yet or not.

Does the Game Changer come with a USB cable for use with the web application, or will I have to buy one separately?

dmcguitar

Drew, I think you answered this but for my own clarification I will ask it simply..
1. Are the Hum p/u's identical between the H/H and H/s/H guitar; it seems like you said they H/S/H has slightly revoiced hums to "split better" for better single coil tones.

2. You said the GC H/H is identical to the reflex with awesomer electronics; now is that for all intents and purposes identical to a BFR Axis? (i know a regular axis doesnt have the mahogany tone block) (basically i'd love an axis for the F.U.Carnal Knoweldge and Balance tones, with the ability to get 1000 other tones)

drewbixcubed

Drew, I think you answered this but for my own clarification I will ask it simply..
1. Are the Hum p/u's identical between the H/H and H/s/H guitar; it seems like you said they H/S/H has slightly revoiced hums to "split better" for better single coil tones.

2. You said the GC H/H is identical to the reflex with awesomer electronics; now is that for all intents and purposes identical to a BFR Axis? (i know a regular axis doesnt have the mahogany tone block) (basically i'd love an axis for the F.U.Carnal Knoweldge and Balance tones, with the ability to get 1000 other tones)

All of the pickups are voiced to be best utilized by TGC circuit. The pickups are based off, if not identical to the current Reflex pickups. That is about as much of a description I can provide. I am sure TGC and the pickups will speak for themselves once you get a chance to play/hear one in person.

brokenvail

Might the GC be getting bluetooth capabilty so it can be updated wirelessly like on an ipad or other such devices?

Top Bottom