• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Spidouz

Hi Drew,

First of all, I'd congratulate you for the Game Changer. I really like the idea!

However:

1) I really hope you will allow stand-alone application to connect to the guitar to change the setup without Internet connection!!! I don't have internet connection everywhere I go (studios, stages, hotels, etc...). I wish the Internet connection would only be required to access to the Data base.

2) Will you support ZAM Power system, to avoid the need of batteries?

3) When will you release the HHH model?

4) What would be the benefit of the single coil of a HSH over the HHH (setup as a HSH). I know the placement of 3 and 4 (on HHH) will never be exactly right in the middle as 3 (on HSH), but is there any huge difference between pickups?

5) Are you including TGC circuit on other model? If I wish a Luke with HSH or HHH & TGC circuit, can you make it? Or if I wish a GC in Koa or Purple Sunburst, can you make it?

Thanks in advance :)
Phil

drewbixcubed

Hi Drew,

First of all, I'd congratulate you for the Game Changer. I really like the idea!
Thank you! We are all very proud of the system!

However:

1) I really hope you will allow stand-alone application to connect to the guitar to change the setup without Internet connection!!! I don't have internet connection everywhere I go (studios, stages, hotels, etc...). I wish the Internet connection would only be required to access to the Data base.

2) Will you support ZAM Power system, to avoid the need of batteries?

3) When will you release the HHH model?

4) What would be the benefit of the single coil of a HSH over the HHH (setup as a HSH). I know the placement of 3 and 4 (on HHH) will never be exactly right in the middle as 3 (on HSH), but is there any huge difference between pickups?

5) Are you including TGC circuit on other model? If I wish a Luke with HSH or HHH & TGC circuit, can you make it? Or if I wish a GC in Koa or Purple Sunburst, can you make it?

Thanks in advance :)
Phil

1. This is in the works, however the release of the offline application is still unknown.

2. TGC runs on 3AA batteries. However when USB is plugged in, USB powers the system. Note that USB does NOT recharge batteries.

3. No plans yet

4. 1,2,3,4,5, & 6 coil models all have their advantages and disadvantages, but TGC is useful for all coil scenarios. We went with HSH due to popular demand to encompass HH and SSS models. Remember, this is just the beginning!

5. TGC is only available on Black Reflex bass and guitars at this time.

Spidouz

Thanks Drew for the reply.

2) Can the 3AA batteries could be swap by ZAM Power dummies and will support power over the stereo audio cable? (It would be bad to destroy the TGC circuit if it doesn't support it)

4) Oh yeah, HSH is fine actually... I was just curious since the TGC allows now so many flexibilities. Anyway I'm also curious about additional Caps/Resistors in the TGC circuit to include a kind of Virtual VariTone... Not yet, of course... but still, it would be great ;)

Imagine having a HH with 0.47 mfd cap on one position, and a SSS with 0.22 mfd cap w/ 100 Ohm resistor on another position... it's just random example, but it would be crazy to be able to change from one to the other in the same song.

Phil

drewbixcubed

Thanks Drew for the reply.

2) Can the 3AA batteries could be swap by ZAM Power dummies and will support power over the stereo audio cable? (It would be bad to destroy the TGC circuit if it doesn't support it)

4) Oh yeah, HSH is fine actually... I was just curious since the TGC allows now so many flexibilities. Anyway I'm also curious about additional Caps/Resistors in the TGC circuit to include a kind of Virtual VariTone... Not yet, of course... but still, it would be great ;)

Imagine having a HH with 0.47 mfd cap on one position, and a SSS with 0.22 mfd cap w/ 100 Ohm resistor on another position... it's just random example, but it would be crazy to be able to change from one to the other in the same song.

Phil

2. TGC works with 3 AA batteries only. No ZAM or other power supplies are recommended at all.
4. I think you will be surprised by the variation in tone using just pickups.

Spidouz

2. TGC works with 3 AA batteries only. No ZAM or other power supplies are recommended at all.

Ouch, definitely a "no-go" for me. :( :(
So I'll wait the first tests and see if anyone will come with a working solution without batteries...

Batteries are so 1990 and really a deal breaker for me... Sorry!

Phil

Mark-NL

Batteries are so 1990

..and electric guitars are sooo 1931. (j/k )

I can understand where you are coming from, but if you'd stop using anything with a battery in it (in whatever shape or form) you'd have a loss less electronics I think.

You could just consider it a tradeoff: ultimate tonal versatility vs not using "ancient technology".

For me the choice is obvious. Your milage may vary though.

Spidouz

I think that people should play it and then see if its 1990!

Well, I don't judge the Game Changer circuit which is, IMHO, surely really great... But the fact to use only batteries... And THAT is 1990!

There's tons of existing power system out there, (the ZAM is working fine for me), so it's just bad to me you haven't considered to allow people use it...

I don't use batteries and will not... period... regardless how good the guitar itself could be. I have nothing in my studio or even on stage that is using batteries, so it won't start now. It's just a no-sense for me to not have power over the cable on a so high-tech system. That's something that does exist, not mad science. I have almost 20 guitars over here (including Masterbuilders and Private stock) and non of them do require batteries, even my acoustic-electric do use ZAM.

I will wait to see if someone will make it work, if you or someone else will come with a better solution... Anyway, I wish you would include Caps and Resistors, so I might just not be your customer target for this first version... Maybe the next one then!

Note, I don't blame or trash about the GC, I'm actually very excited about it and I think it's one of the best evolution for the last 50 years... I just regret you haven't think about a better power solution and the virtual varitone to really push the concept to the edge.

Phil

Big Poppa

Dont get me wrong you are entitled to your opinions...I just think that telling us to put the cap option in without playing it first is a little strange. Remember with 6 coils there are 8,000,000 sonic patches...now add ten caps and it is just too crazy.

We did think of power and tried to give a source that anyone in the 110 countries that we ship to would have access....give us some slack with version 1.0 thanks

Spidouz

Well Big Poppa, you might just misunderstood me. As said, I do think the Game Changer is a huge leap forward for guitar & bass... I'm just saying what I'd like, that's it.

I'm currently having a guitar (HHH with coil tap/split and 10 caps varitone) custom made by a local luthier and it will cost me over 6 grand and it won't have all parallel and serial routing and definitely not 8.5 millions possible combinations.

So, when I wish about Virtual Varitone, it's not a matter of number of combinations (because you got it), but just a matter to be able to get sounds I currently want and try to get by solution not as great and perfect than the Game Changer. And it would cost me half the price with a GC.

I have no doubt the current GC is already sounding great and is very flexible... I just express myself on what I'd really like and want... (something like a Purple SM-Y2D or Koa Luke, HHH or HSH, with Varitone and power over cable)... that's it.

It doesn't diminish the great quality of the current model you're proposing to 110 countries and will surely satisfy thousands of users. No doubt about it... And to be honest, being currently in Europe, I was hoping to try it at MusikMesse.

My 2 cents,
Phil

drewbixcubed

Drew, can you tell me the approximate battery lifetime and current draw? Thanks!

DrKev...Sorry for the late response....The current battery life is approximately 100 hours of live play. 'Live' meaning when not plugged into USB. Keep in mind that USB doesn't charge the batteries, but it also doesn't drain anything when plugged in! That's about 50 2 hour gigs with no worries!!!

Last edited:

PatrickDavid

Hey there guys,

This is my first post on these forums,
Seeing the game changer video's brought me here,

It's such an incredible achievement, i can't wait to get my hands on one.

My name is Pat, I'm studying music. And other than guitar my other interests are fitness and making youtube vid's.

I read through all of this thread so i really hope my questions haven't been answered already,

1. Having just watched the ipad blue tooth connectivity, i think it's a great idea! I was just wondering was that still using an internet web application, or and added offline APP to change pickup settings?

2. Would it be possible to order a maple finger board GC with tremolo and two humbuckers?

Nice to meet you all,

Sincerely,

Pat

drewbixcubed

Hey there guys,

This is my first post on these forums,
Seeing the game changer video's brought me here,

It's such an incredible achievement, i can't wait to get my hands on one.

My name is Pat, I'm studying music. And other than guitar my other interests are fitness and making youtube vid's.

I read through all of this thread so i really hope my questions haven't been answered already,

1. Having just watched the ipad blue tooth connectivity, i think it's a great idea! I was just wondering was that still using an internet web application, or and added offline APP to change pickup settings?

2. Would it be possible to order a maple finger board GC with tremolo and two humbuckers?

Nice to meet you all,

Sincerely,

Pat

Welcome, Pat! Glad you checked out the videos!

1. That was an early version of an app on iOS.
2. The answer is yes, but for further questions like this, please contact our customer service or your local MM dealer.

drewbixcubed

Has the shipping time frame on the GC changed from possibly as early as May/June to TBA?

We will let everyone know the minute they start shipping. Unfortunately, alot of the certification lead times are out of our control, so until then, it is somewhat of a waiting game. Needless to say, we are working on it as hard as possible!

Top Bottom