• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dave1812

Do all JP Standard Models come with Black Hardware or is there an Option between Chrome and Black?
I don't like that you can't get them without matching Headstock and Piezo anymore. I rarely use the Piezo, so it was always nice to be able to shave the Price a bit by leaving that out.
Do the new colors still come with the Oil/Wax Necks or are some of them painted Necks?

Etudica

Do all JP Standard Models come with Black Hardware or is there an Option between Chrome and Black?

Same question here about the JPs. Plus I sometimes have a recurring dream that the purple monarchy is available in chrome hardware instead of black matte.

dave1812

Why is the JP16 already getting discontinued btw?
If they discontinue the JP-X they should offer Barolo as a Color for the other Models

PeteDuBaldo

I don't like that you can't get them without matching Headstock and Piezo anymore. I rarely use the Piezo, so it was always nice to be able to shave the Price a bit by leaving that out.
Do the new colors still come with the Oil/Wax Necks or are some of them painted Necks?

The JP 6 now comes only with black hardware. The necks are oil and was except for the stealth, which is painted

Eilif

FWIW, the Luke 2 still shows up on the "redesigned" guitar page, i.e. it and the BFR version show up under "Steve Lukather Collection."

fusionid

Love the white luke III. Will be on the look out for a HH.
Didn't see blues Saracens at the booth at all.

CHill

Where is the Jamie Humphries 20th anniversary Axis Sport SSS? Now that is a guitar worth making for all. Purple or mustard colours are good and all, but the maple top coat on the JH20th is fantastic and the tone options are amazing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Tanax

Thanks for these, Pete!

Always sad to see so many JP models being discontinued of course, but that's the nature of business :) They were after all "year" models which makes sense to discontinue.

A bit surprised about the switch from chrome to matte black hardware :)

MM Luke

I'll keep updating the first few posts today and tomorrow, but for now here's a few shots of some new stuff on the floor at the EBMM booth!

(there are more photos on our site in the NAMM 2018 gallery, and on some of the product pages for the new instruments)

Roasted and figured maple necks on StingRay guitars

StingRay2018-1.jpg

Same for the Cutlass!
Cutlass2018-2.jpg

New color on the L3 (flame or quilt, choices of HH or HSS) - this model has now replaced the L2 which is no longer offered.
L3Purple2018-2.jpg

Another new color on the L3, Buttermilk, again choice of HH or HSS
DSC2802-Custom-1.jpg

New JP15 color
JP2018-1.jpg

New colors and tremolo option on Valentine guitars
DSC2813-Custom-1.jpg

New colors and some HH models on St Vincent guitars
DSC2814-Custom-1.jpg

DSC2806-Custom-1.jpg

DSC2805-Custom-1.jpg

DSC2804-Custom-1.jpg

DSC2825-Custom-1.jpg

DSC2824-Custom-1.jpg

The JP lineup has been changed slightly.

JP6 models now only come loaded (matching headstock, piezo, JP shield inlays) and now have matte black hardware!
Colors are Mystic Dream, Pearl Redburst, Firemist Purple, Firemist Gold, and Stealth Black

JPX, JP12, JP13, JP16 are discontinued, JPXI still available (black onyx) as well as JP15 (teal, sahara, and now trans black, all choice of flame or quilt)
JP2018.jpg

Majesty/artisan/monarchy series are pretty close to last year's offerings
Majesty2018.jpg
Ugh ... that purple Luke! Just started priming the wife for a large purchase on the credit card. 😎

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom