• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GoKart Mozart

Thanks for these, Pete!

Always sad to see so many JP models being discontinued of course, but that's the nature of business :) They were after all "year" models which makes sense to discontinue.

A bit surprised about the switch from chrome to matte black hardware :)

Honestly I'm surprised that they didn't cut a few of them last year when the axed a bunch of paint colors across the lineup, got rid of the MM90 & piezo options, etc.

Thanks for all the pics, Pete! Really love the roasted necks on the Cutlass!

PeteDuBaldo

Hi Pete! Do you know which color variant of St. Vincent can get an ebony fingerboard?

On the original mini-bucker HHH version:
-Stealth Black - Ebony - Matte Black
-Polaris White - Figured Roasted Maple/Ebony - White
Tobacco Burst - Figured Roasted Maple/Rosewood - Parchment
St. Vincent Blue - Figured Roasted Maple/Rosewood - White

On the new HH version (probably launching much later this year)

-Stealth Black Maple/Ebony Black
-Charcoal Sparkle Figured Roasted Maple/Ebony Black
-Sea Breeze Figured Roasted Maple/Ebony Parchment
Blue Dawn Figured Roasted Maple/Rosewood White

Honestly I'm surprised that they didn't cut a few of them last year when the axed a bunch of paint colors across the lineup, got rid of the MM90 & piezo options, etc.

Thanks for all the pics, Pete! Really love the roasted necks on the Cutlass!

Yes, the necks on the Cutlass looked and felt awesome!

Pete,

Do the new JP 6’s come with roasted necks as well?

No, this was a change to the "Modern Classics" line that came with a noticeable price increase. The JP6 will continue to come with the same figured maple neck.

PeteDuBaldo

Hey Pete, is the St.Vincent HH in Blue Dawn available with the ebony fingerboard?

No, the Blue Dawn comes with a rosewood board

They don't have the L3 in Firemist Purple?

Thanks for sharing these pics! The 2018 Lineup looks awesome.

They do have the L3 in Firemist Purple and I will get pics of it uploaded on Monday.

None of the new amazing colors available on the AL HH. No Blue Dawn, no Sparkle, no Firemist Purple.
JPs only being loaded is disappointing too for those not fan of the shields.

That new JP15 looks insanely good.

I'm sure that when the time is right the AL will get an amazing color.

I do understand the JP shields not being for everyone, but if more people had ordered JPs with dot inlays then the option might have stayed.

look_at_her

Pete , any idea what street price is for „figured” Cutlass line - you have mentioned the significant price increase ?
Dunno if you are allowed to post prices here , just wanted to know if they are under 2k USD or more .
Thanx

kestrou

A little birdy told me - and didn’t say to keep it in confidence - that rosewood necks (not fretboards) are a thing of the past.

And I don’t see anything in the current lineup with rosewood necks...

Kevin

PeteDuBaldo

Pete , any idea what street price is for „figured” Cutlass line - you have mentioned the significant price increase ?
Dunno if you are allowed to post prices here , just wanted to know if they are under 2k USD or more .
Thanx

The street price on the Cutlass with figured roasted maple neck starts at 1,999

Hi Pete, do you have the Neck Specs on the new JP6?

I'm a bit confused by your question as there is no new model JP this year, just some new colors & hardware. The JP6 has essentially had the same neck dimensions since 2001, and remains figured maple with a rosewood fretboard.

TripHazard

2k is a heck of an up charge for a roasted neck. Have they abandoned the idea of modern classics having a more competitive price point - I remember they were about 1500 street at launch?
Or was that price not sustainable for profitability?
Will the non figured unroasted line be available still or is it that way as standard now?

Last edited:

look_at_her

2k is a heck of an up charge for a roasted neck. Have they abandoned the idea of modern classics having a more competitive price point - I remember they were about 1500 street at launch?
Or was that price not sustainable for profitability?

You're right Trapper , they were 1,5k street... I hoped for 1,8k price range , that would be awesome .
But , on the other hand , imagine another brand hi-end St4@t style guitar : haven't seen any under 2k usd .
I am definitely going to purchase Cutlass this year . Amen :) !

I saw a picture of a white Cutlass with a rosewood fingerboard. I believe it was an HSS. Can’t wait for the SSS pics. I had an HSS but I missed the bridge single coil, so that white SSS is on my radar. In a NAMM video I saw the Cutlass being played...it looked like it was nicely broken in, but it could’ve been just the random lighter spots of the rosewood coupled with the darker headstock. It looked beautiful. That and the cream colored Luke are so very tempting.

TripHazard

You're right Trapper , they were 1,5k street... I hoped for 1,8k price range , that would be awesome .
But , on the other hand , imagine another brand hi-end St4@t style guitar : haven't seen any under 2k usd .
I am definitely going to purchase Cutlass this year . Amen :) !

True, its still not as expensive as a Suhr, and especially a Tom Anderson. I'd like to get an HSS to go with my SSS, but a Valentine will likely come first. Its just a shame about the hike in price - i'd be interested to know if its just a market position decision or its an increase in cost to make, or if really 1500 just wasn't sustainable

Top Bottom