• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

A.J.

So on the discontinued colors, what happens if you send a bass or guitar back to EBMM to get a body or neck replaced in one of those colors?

We have always been able to accommodate these types of replacements. No worries there!

metalarch

So my two MM basses are discontinued. I hope that they bring back the blue color (I think it was electric blue) that Dave Larue uses on his basses.

Golem

Of the handful of peeps that I encouraged to go
for the piezos, I know that wasn't enuf to keep
them in production, but at least that handful got
their piezo before it was too late. Only got six of
them myself .... which shoulda warned anyone
who read my sig that only weirdos want piezos.

Piezos CAN be finicky, whether it's the individual
saddles [like EBMM] or the single bone type [like
typical flat top ABGs], but I've always found the
EBMM piezo basses to be the most trouble-free.

`

Last edited:

tbonesullivan

I have always used Music Man as an example of how to treat left handed players but with the change to only selling the Stingray in H configuration & now discontinuing the whole Bongo range it seems that has now changed.
Looking at the list, there doesn't seem to be many options for left handers in guitars or basses.
Where did they say the Stingray would only be available in H configuration for the lefties? Also I don't see anything besides the lefty bongo being discontinued. I would guess that the vast majority of basses that EBMM sells are Stingrays and Sterlings, and those seem to be available with just about all options in the lefty version.

Unless I missed something?

Musicman Nut

I bought as Man Sparkles as I could Find, Once again, I'm so Proud of what Ernie Ball Music Man makes which fits into my arsenal , Still the Very Best Basses on the PLANET.

Quietmouse

Sorry for being so late to the party guys. I have wanted a Big Al forever and now I see they need to be discontinued. No shame in that, I am all for moving forward.
BUT! Can someone tell me how or even if I can still order a Big Al 4 SSS? Is it available for the current Tabacco Burst preorder still?

Thanks a million! (kind of wigging out over here)

sanderhermans

The tobacco burst pdn had only a 1 month order window so thats not an option. But untill 31 oktober you can place orders

bovinehost

Administrator
Gents and Ladies, I have been using my Big Al 5H a lot lately. That is one great setup.

Get one. NOW. Time is short.

Jack

Meypelnek

Now it is official!

Before/After:

MusicMan.jpg
MusicMan_new.jpg

Only the basic finishes have remained. Now I am even more curious what is going to come this winter NAMM ...

metalarch

WOW! that looks like a very short list...compared with the guitars that MM is offering. Very few color options. So lets see what new colors and/or models MM is going to offer...guessing it will be until NAMM16.

sanderhermans

Ok, mayebe some colours wherent ordered enough to keep em. And i understand that sometimes to keep a business going you need to cut down on some options.
But as it is for NOW (could be some new coulour options comming up, i hope so) i think sales will go down. There is just almost nothing left to choose from.... and a array of coulors was one of the things that made musicman stand out to some other brands.

I can live with some discontinued moddels, but only black/white or burst stingrays is just pusshing it a bit too far in my oppinion. I sincerely hope that there will be some new finishes soon. Also i saw on the guitar side that fretboard wood, pickguard colour and body colours are matched and so you cant mix em up annymore wich is a damn shame for me.
I really don't get why they cut down so drastically...

And the new stealth colours where only just released and they are gonne again, this is all verry strange to me.

metalarch

Ok, mayebe some colours wherent ordered enough to keep em. And i understand that sometimes to keep a business going you need to cut down on some options.
But as it is for NOW (could be some new coulour options comming up, i hope so) i think sales will go down. There is just almost nothing left to choose from.... and a array of coulors was one of the things that made musicman stand out to some other brands.

I can live with some discontinued moddels, but only black/white or burst stingrays is just pusshing it a bit too far in my oppinion. I sincerely hope that there will be some new finishes soon. Also i saw on the guitar side that fretboard wood, pickguard colour and body colours are matched and so you cant mix em up annymore wich is a damn shame for me.
I really don't get why they cut down so drastically...

And the new stealth colours where only just released and they are gonne again, this is all verry strange to me.

And on the other side there are 3 new guitar models...there is no love for bass players.

sanderhermans

And on the other side there are 3 new guitar models...there is no love for bass players.

4: i think there will come out a new hunter hayes model too....
But i am sure that on the bass side something new will show up too. Let's hope its worth it :)

JayDawg

I looked at the colors now available and am disappointed. Nothing at all stands out to me. I understand it was a business decision but it is one that I don't like.

Top Bottom