• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Movielife

I love EBMM and all my guitars/basses, but the cut down on colours is a real shame. I realise not all customers want Sky Blue, or really bright Stingrays, but I thought the colours set EBMM apart. Almost like a custom instrument.

Business decisions must be made, and it is a shame to see so many options go, but I have already got more than enough so I can't complain.

The Cutlass/Stingray guitar look amazing!

So glad I got a Big Al SSS.

Meypelnek

I have the feeling that this is just a kind of transition state. Let's wait how the EBMM bass website looks by Feb 2016. I am sure they will come up with something new.

On the other hand I have to admit: Looking at 31 guitar modells vs. 12 bass modells (currently) is a clear statement! And I am not sure I like it!

Last edited:

sanderhermans

I have the feeling that this is just a kind of transition state. Let's wait how the EBMM bass website looks by Feb 2016. I am sure they will come up with something new.

On the other hand I have to admit: Looking at 31 guitar modells vs. 12 bass modells (currently) is a clear statement! And I am not sure I like it!

+1 i'm a litl bit affraid that musicman is focusing on guitars and playing the safe card when it comes to basses. Mainly just promoting and producing the stingray in a few different models (classic, nt, ...)
It seems to me that promotion on basses is verry low too. I would have expected musicman to hugely promote the new amps and really pushing them. But it seems they will be gone again soon.

WhtMtnGrv

Bring back the Neptune blue and institute a steady sunburst finish for the bongos!!!!

Meypelnek

Thinking about it more in depth I have the feeling we will have to live with three, four "basic" colors/combinations per model on the long run, complemented by yearly PDN editions. From an economic point of view this strategy makes perfectly sense as it streamlines the production significantly and makes revenue more predictable. The alternative to this - continuing as is - I assume, would be to raise the prices.

sanderhermans

Thinking about it more in depth I have the feeling we will have to live with three, four "basic" colors/combinations per model on the long run, complemented by yearly PDN editions. From an economic point of view this strategy makes perfectly sense as it streamlines the production significantly and makes revenue more predictable. The alternative to this - continuing as is - I assume, would be to raise the prices.

Well. Then they should have raised the prices in my humble opinion. Working with only 2 to 4 colours per model is taking a HUGE step back and puts ebmm on the same level as some of the other manufacturers. But whatever. I propably will buy 2nd hand ebmm in the future but they have totally lost me as a customer for new stuff. So disapointed......

Meypelnek

Agree on that. Would make the waiting on new PDN announcements even more thrilling ...! Perhaps there will be more than one PDN editions per year? One on standard models with a special finish, another on more exclusive features (roasted maple, mahagony body, etc.)? But yeah, perhaps better focus on the 2nd hand market if you look for affordable finishs beyond the new standards ....

amper

You're discontinuing the piezo option?! NOOOOOOOOO!

My piezo fretless Stingray is incredible, and because of her, I will never again buy another non-piezo bass.

with-piezo.jpg

sanderhermans

How many more price increases can the market bear? IMO, the price of new 5-string Stingrays are already out of hand.
Youre lucky you live in the usa where all guitars are affordable. In europe prices are even higher. But if you see what work and expences go into buiding a good intrument, prices are still verry low.

drTStingray

You're discontinuing the piezo option?! NOOOOOOOOO!

My piezo fretless Stingray is incredible, and because of her, I will never again buy another non-piezo bass.

View attachment 28927

Wow gorgeous - and I have the same thought - I have a fretted Bongo 5HHp and that piezo is awesome - always fancied an SR4Hp fretless - will be a used one now but I don't think I've ever seen one come up for sale :rolleyes:

Top Bottom